Here is sentence rearrangement questions for IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, SBI PO exams, SSC CGL, SSC MTS and other competitive exams.
Sentence Rearrangement Questions
Rearrange the following six sentences/group of sentences (A),(B),(C),(D),(E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below.
(A)The merchant greedily counted his gold and said,”The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You’ve already stolen more than the reward! Go away or I will tell the police.”
(B)The judge, looking towards the merchant said,”you stated that the purse you lost contained 200 pieces of gold. Well, that’s a considerable cost. But, the purse this beggar found had only 100 pieces of gold”.
(C)Being an honest man, the beggar came forward and handed the purse to the merchant saying,”Here is your purse. May I have my reward now?”
(D)”This purse therefore cannot be the one you lost.” And, with that, the judge gave the purse and all the gold to the beggar.
(E)A beggar found a leather purse that someone had dropped in the marketplace. On opening it, he discovered that it contained 100 pieces of gold. Then he heard a merchant shout,”A reward! A reward to the one who finds my leather purse”.
(F)”I am an honest man,” said the beggar defiantly. Let us take this matter to the court. The judge patiently listened to both sides of the story.
1. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after the rearrangement?
2. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after the rearrangement?
3. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after the rearrangement?
4. Which of the following should be the SIXTH sentence after the rearrangement?
5. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after the rearrangement?