The below post contains Science Quiz for UPSC and for other competitive exams like SSC CGL, CDS, NDA, RRB, state-level exams.
Science Quiz for UPSC Set 9
1. Which is the most abundant gas in the air?
2. Which is the most abundant element in the atmosphere?
3. If the speed of rotation of earth increases, then the mass of earth would
D.May increase or decrease depending upon the speed of rotation
4. Acid and Base combined to form-
A.Salt and Water
B. Base and Water
C. Acid and Water
D. None of these
5. Radio waves reflect back from which layer of the earth’s atmosphere?
6. If lime is added to the soil then the-
A.Acidity of soil increases
B.Acidity of soil decreases
C.Salinity of soil increases
D. None of these
7. If a ship comes to seawater from river water, then it’s bottom will –
A.Rise due to buoyancy
B.Rise in water due to more mass of water
C.Same in both sea or river water
D.None of these
8. Liver digests-
9. Which of the following does not excrete waste from the body?
10. Rickets is caused due to the deficiency of-
B. Vitamin B12
C. Vitamin D
D. Vitamin C
General Science Quiz Set 5
11. A solid needle placed horizontally on the surface of water floats due to-
A.Viscosity of water
D.Surface tension of water
12. Which of the following is an indicator of air pollution?
13. Which one of the following acids are commonly found in nature?
14. High blood pressure can be managed by eating fishes like Herring, Mackerels, and Solomon which are rich in-
A. Good cholesterol
B. Sodium Salt
15. Which one of the viruses was crystallized for the first time?
A.Parrot fever virus
16. Sulphur dioxide bleaches colouring matter by-
17. Which of the following elements is not radio-active?
18. Wilting of Plants occurs due to-
19. Which one of the following statements about PYROLYSIS, which is a process for solid waste treatment is incorrect?
A. It converts the waste into solid, liquid and gas of which the resultant liquid and gas can be used to produce energy
B. The process occurs at a temperature above 430 degree Celsius at atmospheric pressure
C. The process occurs under high pressure at a temperature above 430 degree Celsius
D. It is a thermochemical decomposition of organic waste
20.Which of the following supports the particle nature of photons?