The below post contains Science Questions for RRB and for other competitive exams like SSC CGL, UPSC, CDS, NDA, state-level exams.
Science Questions for RRB and SSC Set 12
1. A person with vision defect ‘Myopia’ can see-
A.nearby objects clearly
B.distant objects clearly
C.nearby as well as distant objects clearly
D.neither nearby nor distant objects clearly
2. The mirror used by the dentists to see the teeth of the patients –
D.None of these
3. Which of the following is a plant hormone?
4. The ‘xylem’ in plants is responsible mainly for-
A.Transportation of food
B.Transportation of amino acid
C.Transportation of water
D.Transportation of oxygen
5. Which of the following is a correct statement?
A.Energy flow in the biospheric ecosystem is unidirectional
B.Energy flow in the biospheric ecosystem is cyclic
C.Relative loss of energy in natural ecosystem decreases with increasing trophic levels
D.Species at progressively higher trophic levels appear to be less efficient in using available energy
6. The temperature of the human body
A.decreases in winters
B.increases in summers
C.neither decreases in winters nor increases in summers
D.increases in winters
7. The most important factor contributing to the loss of the vulture population in India
C.Administering of pain killers to cattle
D.Administring of estrogen injection to cattle
8. The main pollutant in the smoke coming from a cigarette is
A.Carbon monoxide and Dioxicine
B.Carbon monoxide and Nicotine
C.Carbon Monoxide and Benzene
D.Dioxicine and Benzene
9. ‘Pyrheliometer‘ is used for measuring –
D.Temperature of plants
10. The problem of water pollution with arsenic is maximum in
11. Which of the following is not correct about the ecosystem?
A.it comprises both, abiotic and biotic components
B.It has its own productivity
C.It is a closed system
D.It is a natural resource system
12. Which of the following denote water salinity gradient?
13. Which of the following species is the largest of the ‘toothed whales’?
14. Which one of the following provides the cryogenic indicator of climate change?
C.Tree ring growth
15. Which of the following is not related to the astronomical theories of climate change?
A.The eccentricity of earth’s orbit
B.Obliquity of Earth’s rotational axis
C.Precession of equinoxes
16. Normal temperature of the human body is 98.4 degrees F. Its equivalent temperature in degrees is
17. When a doctor tells a person that he/she has been affected with tetraplegia, it means that he/she is suffering from paralysis of –
A.right hand only
B.left hand only
C.his both legs
D.both hand and legs
18. Which of the following is a semiconductor?
19. Grains of Basmati rice get elongated on being cooked because of the higher content of –
20. The disease caused due to deficiency of iron is known as –