This article contains the list of all of International Airports of India. You can also download the list of International Airports of India PDF from the bottom of the page.
As of now India has –
- 487 total airports, airstrips, flying schools and military bases
- 123 airports with scheduled commercial flights including some with dual civilian and army use
- 35 International airports
PM Modi recently inaugurated the Kushinagar International Airport on Abhidhamma Day. This topic is important for exams such as UPSC, SSC, CDS, and others. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) manages Indian airports.
Classification of Airport:
- International Airports: These have been designated as international airports and are open to Indian and foreign carriers for scheduled international flights.
- Custom Airports:Airports with customs checking and clearance facilities handling international flights but not elevated to international airport status.
- Domestic Airports: This category handles all the domestic flights.
- Defence Airports: These airports are handles by Indian Armed Forces.
International Airports of India List
*The Airport is enlisted as a Customs airport as it only serves one international destination.
Also read : Error Spotting Questions for SSC