This set contains Geography Questions for SSC CGL and other competitive exams like RRB, SSC CGL, SSC MTS, SSC CHSL, Railway NTPC, UPSC Prelims, PCS, State exams etc.
1. The pressure of the wind is governed by-
C.Rotation of the earth
2. Which one the following is a great circle?
A.Tropic of Cancer
B.Tropic of Capricon
3. What is a cyclone?
A.A low pressure system with clockwise winds in the Northern hemisphere
B.A high pressure system with anticlockwise winds in Northern hemisphere
C.A low pressure system with anticlockwise winds in the Northern hemisphere
D.A high pressure system with clockwise winds in the Northern hemisphere
4. Snowfall occurs when-
A.water droplets freeze as they fall to the ground
B.Raindrops are carried up by updraughts in air
C.Dew points of air is below freezing point
D.Air is highly moist and rises due to convention
5. What is measured by Psychrometer?
6. Hail consists of-
D.Masses of ice with concentric layers
7. Which region is most famous for citrus fruits?
8. Which country is the leading producer of Uranium?
9. Trees shed their leaves in winter season to-
B.Take rest after summer growth
D.Escape being eaten by animals
10. Which one of the following is the smallest state of India?
Check here –Set – 1 Geopgraphy Questions
11. Which is an area of Tropical evergreen forest?
A.The western ghats
B.The eastern ghats
C.The western himalayas
12. Why are plants grown along river banks?
A.To prevent floods
B.To provide shade
C.To reduce silting and erosion
D.To control pollution
13. Where is the Bandipur National Park?
14. Kaziranga wildlife reserve is in-
15. Which crop requires waterlogging for its cultivation?
16. Monoculture is a typical characteristic of-
D.Commercial grain farming
17. Which of the following states is the largest producer of coffee in India?
18. Where do the sun rays leave India?
19. Which of the following is a commercial crop?
20. In spite of being located at a lower latitude than Amritsar, Shimla colder because-
A.in Shimla it snows heavily
B.in Shimla air pressure is higher
C.it is at a higher altitude
D.Shimla receives heavy rainfall