This set contains Geography Questions that can be asked in exams like RRB, SSC CGL, SSC MTS, SSC CHSL, Railway NTPC, UPSC Prelims, PCS, State exams etc.
Geography Questions for SSC
1. India’s Plantation sector comprises of-
A.Tea, Coffee, Spices and Rubber
B.Coconut, tea, rubber and jute
C.Coconut, tea, Coffee and Rubber
D.Tea, coffee, rubber and jute
2. Mangrove are-
C.Neither animals nor plants
3. Which of the following pairs is mismatched?
A.National Biodiversity Authority – Chennai
B.Zoological Survey of India – Kolkata
C.Botanical Survey of India – Lucknow
D.Forest Survey of India – Dehradun
4. Which of the following is not a renewable natural resource?
5. Which one of the following is not a factor that affects wind?
6. Which one of the locations listed below should have the highest annual temperature range?
C.Polar ice cap
D.Mid Latitude continental center
7. Which term is used to describe the conversion of a solid directly to a gas, without passing through the liquid state?
8. The vertical movement of cold water from deeper oceanic layers to replace warmer surface is called as-
9. Which one of the following types of seafloor sediments includes calcareous and siliceous oozes?
10. Vast number of herbivores animals and carnivorous such as lions, jackals, and hyenas are found in-
C.Campos of Brazil
D.Savannas of Africa
Read here about: –General Awareness for SSC CGL & other competitive exams
11. The chief means of transport in Tundras is-
12. The Agricultural region is-
13. The longest west flowing Peninsular river is-
14. The most important source of irrigation of the Great Indian Desert (Thar) is-
D.All of these
15. The oldest and the richest coalfield of India with respect to the quantity of production and quality is-
16. Which one the following sequences of the Himalayan ranges from south to north is correct?
17. ‘Guru Shikhar’ is the highest point of-
18. Which of the following directly affects soil formation?
D.All of the above
19. Khadar and Bhangar are two important soils in the Indian subcontinent. These are-
20. Which of the following is the odd one out from the group?