This set contains Fill in the Blanks for SSC CGL and other competitive exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RRB, SSC CHSL, SSC MTS etc.
Fill in the Blanks for SSC CGL
Question: In the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four as your answer.
1. The hotel was not too expensive, ______
2. Like humans, zoo animals must have a dentist _____ their teeth.
D.to be filled
3. It was very kind of you to do the washing-up, but you ______ it.
A.didn’t have to do
B.hadn’t to do
C.mightn’t have done
D.mustn’t have done
4. He went ______ sea alone.
5. The ______ of our civilization from an agricultural society to today’s complex industrial world was accompanied by war.
6. The court ______ cognisance of the criminal’s words.
7. _____ wins this civil war there will be little rejoicing at the victory.
8. As he got older his belief in these principles did not _______.
9. everyone in this world is accountable to God _____ his actions.
10. Your father used to be the principal of this college, ______?
11. A wise man profits ______ the mistakes of others.
12. My friend has written a ______ account of his journey to the Mars.
13. Speed is ______ essence.
14. I was washing my face as the insect _____ quietly into the bedroom.
15. During the recent floods two thirds of our city _______ in ruins.
16. I have _____ Lakshmi for the past twelve years.
17. He did not qualify _____ the job.
18. _____ the last ten years we have been victims of abuse.
19. The strike has been called ______.
20. He is always angry _____his children.