The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC CGL 2016 revised scheme and dates for the upcoming exam. The commission has decided to reduce the number of questions from 200 to 100 in Tier-I examination of SSC CGL 2016. The SSC CGL TIER I exam will be of 200 marks. The total duration of the SSC CGL Tier-I examination will be 75 minutes. The Tier-I and Tier-II examinations will be in computer based examination mode (i.e. Online Exams) instead of OMR based exam mode. The SSC Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The final merit will be decided on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. And, the candidate needs to qualify all the tiers. Also, there will be no sectional cut-off.
The SSC CGL Tier-I is scheduled to be held from 27th August, 2016.
Important points of SSC CGL 2016
- The SSC CGL TIER I exam will be Online Exam
- There will be a total of 100 questions
- Total Marks – 200 marks
- Negative Marking – 0.5 mark
- Time Duration – 75 minutes
Exam Pattern :
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – 25 Questions
- General Awareness – 25 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 25 Questions
- English Comprehension – 25 Questions