Here is set of SPOTTING ERRORS FOR SSC CGL, IBPS PO, CLERK, UPSC, RRB and various other competitive examinations. The answers with explanations are given. 5 or 10 spotting error questions are always asked in almost every exam.
SPOTTING ERRORS FOR SSC CGL
1. It was evident that/the man (A) could not control/his emotions (B) as he thanked/the donor’s (C) family for saving his life. (D) No error (E)
2. Eating a lot of / processed meat can (A) led to micro-nutrient deficiencies (B) / and cause hunger (D) No error (E)
3. Children will (A) / be provided with (B) / energy-dense oral nutritional supplements (C) and medicines (D) No error.
4. Aided by the cheerful company (A) / of her new found friends (B) / the actress opens up about/(C) coming to terms on her father’s demise (D) No error (E)
5. Ministers and officers have been (A) asked on refraining from (B) / making any statement which could (C) damage the peace process (D) No error (E)
6. He was(A) / turned out (B)/ to copy answers.(C)/No Error.(D)
7. More than one employee (A) / were killed (B)/ in the accident (C. No error(D)
8. Lina was popular with her classmates (A) / that she always had some people (B) / coming to her for advice(C) / No Error (D)
9. After a lot of persuasion (A) / the villagers agreed to (B) / participate in the family welfare programme(c) / No Error (D)
10. To make him succeed (A) / the thing to do is to punish him (B) / until he does not try.(C) / No Error (D)
More sets of Spotting Error Questions and English study material here