This post contains Sentence improvement Questions for the upcoming IBPS exam.
SENTENCE IMPROVEMENT QUESTIONS
DIRECTIONS: – Look at the Bold part of each sentence. Below each sentence three possible substitutions are given for the bold part.
1. I don’t remember exactly when did I go to Shimla last year.
A)When I did go
B)When I was going
C)When I went
2. Even he worked hard, he failed in the examination
3. He was asked to arbitrate with two merchants in a dispute.
A)To arbitrate between
B)To arbitrate at
4. He is definitely the cleverer among the two.
5. He is resembling his father.
6. Would you mind closing the window
7. I can be grateful if you could write to me about it.
8. A majority of the passenger could have been saved if the driver had applied the brakes in time
A)Had been saved
B)May have been saved
C)Could have saved
9. He is living in this house for the past ten years.
B)Had been living
C)has been living
10. He is knowing the secret.
B)Has been knowing
11. The meeting has been put off to Friday next.
12. If you will come with me I shall be happy.
A)Come with me
B)Had come with me
C)Came with me