Here is another set of General Science Questions SSC CGL with answers.
SCIENCE QUESTIONS SSC CGL SET 24
1. Red blood corpuscles are formed in –
2. Who is regarded an father of Botany?
3. The process by which plants synthesize their food is called –
4. Which of the following is responsible for muscle fatigue?
5. The Triple Antigen DPT is given to children to prevent-
A)Diphtheria, Polio, Small Pox
B)Polio, Diphtheria, Tetanus
C)Small Pox, Pertussis, Tetanus
D)Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus
6. The name of Ebola virus is derived from the name of a –
7. Which of the following gives maximum energy in metabolic processes?
8. Which of the following organelles is called ‘Power House’ of the cell?
9. Which of the following part of the Potato is edible?
10. LPG used as domestic fuel chiefly contains-
11. On which principle, a let Engine works?
A)Conservation of linear momentum
B)Conservation of angular momentum
C)Conservation of energy
D)Conservation of mass
12. In order to compensate the deficiency of which of the following elements, the insectivorous plants trap and consume insects?
13. The disadvantage of self-pollination is-
A)No wastage of pollen grains
B)Seeds are less in number
C)No dependence of pollinating agents
D)Mechanism is too simple
14. Root hairs are produced from?
15. The storage form of glucose is-
16. By increasing the intensity of incident light on the surface, the photo electric current-
D)Increases initially and then decreases
17. Non-bonding valence electrons are-
A)Not involved in covalent bond formation
B)Involved in both ionic and covalent bond formation
C)Involved only in covalent bond formation
D)Involved only in ionic bond formation
18. The hydrogen ion concentration of a solution is measured using a?
19. Second Ozone hole was detected over?
20. The most serious environmental effect posed by hazardous wastes is?
B)None of the options
C)Contamination of ground
D)Increased use of Land for land fills
21. The Phenomenon of light splits up into seven distinct colours when it passes through Prism is –
22. Thigmotropism is the response of the plant to—
More General Science Quiz for SSC CGL here