SSC CGL exam has around 9 – 10 questions from science and technology. Here is another set of science questions for SSC CGL exam. If you want more questions please leave your e-mail id in comments section, we will send you the Pdf of all the questions.
Science questions for SSC CGL exam Quiz – 9
1. Optical fibers are based on the phenomenon of
D. Total Internal Reflection
2. Now-a days yellow lamps are frequently used as street lights which of the following gases is used in these lamps?
3. ‘Mirage’ is an example of
A. refraction of light only
B. total internal, reflection of light only
C. refraction and total internal reflection of light
D. dispersion of light only
4. The phenomenon of light associated with the appearance of blue colour of the sky is
5. Lens is made up of
A. Pyrex glass
B. Flint glass
C. Ordinary glass
D. Cobalt glass
6. The element which is used vulcanizing rubber
7. Which of the following is responsible for the extra strength of pyrex glass?
A. Potassium Carbonate
B. Lead Oxide
D. Ferric Oxide
8. The noble gas used for the treatment of cancer is
9. Which city receives the highest cosmic radiation amongst the following?
10. Saliva helps in the digestion of-
11. Who invented vaccination for ‘Small Pox’?
A. Sir Fredick Grant Banting
B. Sir Alexander Fleming
C. Edward Jenner
D. Louis Pasteur
12. BT seed is associated with
D. Oil seeds
13. The Headquarters od International Atomic Energy Agency is in
14. Which one of the following minerals is found in Monazite sand?
15. In Coriander, the useful parts are
A. roots & leaves
B. leaves & flowers
C. leaves & dried fruits
D. flowers & dried fruits
16. Which plant is called ‘Herbal Indian-Doctor’?
17. The pH of human blood is
18. Which amongst the following is largest endocrine gland in the body?
19. Which amongst the following is the largest mammal?
20. Which part becomes modified as the tusk of elephant?
C. Second incisor