Here is another set of SCIENCE OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS for SSC CGL, UPSC exams and other competitive exam with answers.
SCIENCE OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS SET 27
1. Two bodies A and B are moving with equal velocities. The mass of B is double that of A. In this context, which one of the following statements is correct?
A)Momentum of B will be double that of A
B)Momentum of A will be double that of B
C)Momentum of A will be four times that of A
D)Momenta of both A and B will be equal
2. During solar eclipse –
A)The earth comes in between the sun and the moon
B)The moon comes in between the sun and the earth
C)The moon comes exactly halfway between the earth and the sun
D)The sun comes in between the earth and the moon
3. The S.I. unit of acceleration is –
4. An atom of carbon has 6 protons. Its mass number is 12. How many neutrons are present in an atom of carbon?
5. Which one of the following is a reduction reaction?
A)2Mg(s)+02(g) – 2MgO(s)
B)S(s)+02(g) – SO2(g)
C)2HgO(s) Heat 2Hg(l) + O2(g)
D)Mg(s) + S (s) – MgS(s)
6. Which of the commonly used household item(s)release Bisphenol A (BPA) which is an endocrine disruptor and bad for human health?
2)Plastic coffee mugs
4)Plastic water storage bottles
Select the correct answer using the code given below –
B)1 and 2 only
C)2 and 4 only
D)1,2and 3 only
7. An object is placed at the centre of curvature of a concave mirror of focal length 16 cm. If the object is shifted by 8 cm towards the focus, the nature of the image would be –
A)Real and magnified
B)Virtual and magnified
C)Real and reduced
D)Virtual and reduced
8. A pencil is placed upright at a distance of 10 cm from a convex lens of focal length 15cm. The nature of the image of the pencil will be –
A)Real, inverted and magnified
B)Real, erect and magnified
C)Virtual, erect and reduced
D)Virtual, erect and magnified
9. Which one of the following is a conventional energy source?
10. Which one of the following oxides of nitrogen is known as ‘anhydride’ of nitric acid?
More SCIENCE OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS for SSC CGL here