Here are some more GENERAL SCIENCE FOR SSC CGL, RRB, UPSC, CDS and various other competitive examinations.
GENERAL SCIENCE FOR SSC CGL SET 19
1. A closed vessel containing some gas at atmospheric pressure and room temperature is placed in a fast moving train. The temperature of the gas will
C.increase or decrease depending on the chemical composition of the gas
2. Viruses that infect bacteria are called –
3. The capsule of Anthoceros differs from Funaria in that in the latter
A.columella is present
B.columella is absent
C.elaters are present
D.elaters are absent
4. If the pressure in a closed vessel is reduced by drawing out some gas, the mean free path of the gas molecules will
A.increase or decrease depending on the nature of the gas
5. A new molecule Heat Shock Protein 90(HSP90) was discovered in 2014 by the Didier Picard. The new discovery could help in effective treatment of
B.None of these
6. U-235 belongs to which member of the series?
7. A plant with green leaves placed in red light will appear
8. Which of the following determines whether a group of organisms that is from the same genus and species arises from a common source or from different sources?
9. Antigen presenting cells are specialized cells present in all of the following, except
10. Which type of molecular motion does not contribute towards internal energy?
A.None of these
11. The lethal dose required to kill 50% of the lab animals tested under standard is referred as
12. The method of age determination called “radioactive uranium dating” cannot be used to determine the age of
B.fossils and plant bodies
D.minerals on earth
13. Starch is insoluble in water but still it is stored in large quantity in potato because
A.soil microorganisms deposit it in the tube
B.it is translocated in the form of sugar from leaves
C.it is synthesized in potato root
D.it is useful for human
14. An organic compound which produces bluish-green coloured flame on heating in the presence of copper is
15. The principle involved in the absorption of water by soil is
B.principle of absorption
16. Which of the following is present in the maximum amount in acid rain?
17. According to special theory of relativity the mass of a particle
A.increases with increase in velocity with respect to an observer
B.decreases with increase in velocity
C.decreases with decrease in velocity
D.is independent of its velocity
18. Which one among the following would expand the most on being heated?
19. Saliva secreted from mouth digests-
D.None of these
20. The plants which grow well, only in light are knowns as