This Aptitude Practice set include questions on Time and Work that can be asked in SSC, IBPS RRB, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK and other competitive examinations.
Questions on Time and Work
1. A and B together can complete a piece of work in 4 days .If A alone can complete the same work in 12 days ,in how many days B can alone complete that work?
2. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days .In how many days they together will do the same work?
3. A man can do a piece of work in 5 days ,but with the help of his son ,he can do it in 3 days.In what time can the son do it alone?
B.7 1/2 days
4. P can complete a work in 12 days working 8 hours a day.Q can complete the same work in 8 days workin 10 hours a day.If both P and Q work together, working 8 hours a day , in how may days can they complete the work?
D.None of these
5. A and B can do a work in 12 days ,B and C in 15 days .A and C in 20 days .If A,B and C work together ,they will complete the work in:
6. A and B can do a work in 8 days , B and C can do the same work in 12 days . A , B and C work together can finish it in 6 days .A and C together will do it in:
7. A can do a piece of work in 4 hours ;B and C can do it 3 hours , while A and C together can do it in 2 hours .How long will B alone take to do it?
8. A can do a certain work in the same time in whihc B and C together can do it .If A and B together cold do it in 10 days and C alone in 50 days ,then B alone could do it in :
9. A is thrice as good a workman as B and therefore is able to finish a job in 60 days less than B . Working together ,they can do it in:
C.22 1/2 days
10. A can finish a work in 18 days and B can do the same work in 15 days . B worked for 10 days and left the job .In how many days, A alone caan finish the remaining work?
11. A can finish a work in 24 days , B in 9 days and C in 12 days .B and C start the work but are forced to leave after 3 days .The remaining work was done by A in:
D.10 1/2 days
12. X abd Y can do a piece of work in 20 days and 12 days respectively .X started the work alone and then after 4 days Y joined him till the completion of the work .How long did the work last?
13. A and B can together finish a work in 30 days .They worked together for 20 days and then B left . After another 20 days ,A finished the remaining work .In how many days A alone can finish the job?
14. A and B can do a piece of work in 45 days and 40 days respectively.They began to do the work together but A leaves after some days and then B completed the remaining work in 23 days .The number of days after which A left the work was:
15. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days .A and B undertook to do it or Rs. 3200.With the help of C ,they completed the work in 3 days .How much is to be paid to C?
16. 3 men ,4 women and 6 children can complete a work in 7 days . A woman does double the work a man does and a child does halft the work a man does .How amny women can alone complete this work in 7 days?
D.None of these
17. 10 men and 15 women together can complete a work in 6 days .It takes 100 days for one man alone to complete the same work .How many days will be required for one woman alone to complete the same work?
18. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work.How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
D.None of these
19. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days; 13 men and 24 boys can do it in 4 days ,then the ratio of the daily work done by a man to that of a boy is:
20. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days ,while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days.In how many days will 10 women complete it?