Questions on Problems on Trains
1. A train 100 m long is running at the speed of 30 km/hr.Find the time taken by it to pass a man standing near the railway line:
2. A train is moving at a speed of 132 km/hr .IF the length of the train is 110 metres ,how long will it take to cross a railway platform 165 metres long?
B.7 1/2 sec
D.6 1/2 sec
3. Two trains 100 metres and 120 metres long are running in the same direction with the speeds of 72 km/hr and 54 km/hr .In how much time will the first train cross the second?
4. In what time will a train 100 metres long cross an electric pole, if its speed be 144 km/hr?
5. A train 280 m long ,running with a speed of 63 km/hr will pass a tree in:
6. How long does a train 110 metres long running at the speed of 72 km/hr take to cross a bridge 132 metres in length?
7. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr .In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
8. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds .What is the length of the train?
9. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 minutes .If it takes 6 seconds to pass a telegraph post,then the length of the train is:
10. A train 240 m long passed a pole im 24 seconds .How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
11. The length of the bridge , which a train 130 m long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
12. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr .If it crosses a tunnel in 1 minute ,then the length of the tunnel is :
13. A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 seconds .What is the length of the goods train?
14. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds .If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr ,what is the length of the platform?
15. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds .What is the length of the platform?
16. A train speeds past pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds ,its length is:
17. A train moves past a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8 seconds and 20 seconds respectively .What is the speed of the train?
18. How many seconds will a 500 m long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train is 63 km/hr?
19. A jogger running at 9 km/hr alongside a railway track is 240 m ahead of the engine of a 120 m long train running at 45 km/hr in the same direction .In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
20. A train 110 m long is running with speed of 60 km/hr .In what time will it pass a man who is running at 6 km/hr in the direction opposite to that in which the train is going?