Questions on Compound Interest
1. Find the compound interest on Rs.10,000 in 2 years at 4% per annum,the interest begin compounded half-yearly.
2. In what time will Rs.1000 become Rs.1331 at 10% per annum compounded annually?
3. Albert invented an amount of Rs.8000 in a fixed deposit scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5% p.a. .How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit?
4. What will be compounded interest on a sum of Rs.25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12 p.c.p.a.?
D.Rs.None of these
5. Find the compound interest on Rs.15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
6. The difference between the simple interest and compound interest on Rs.1200 for one year at @10% p.a. reckoned half-yearly is:
7. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest @10% p.a. on a sum of Rs.1000 after 4 years?
8. The compound interest on Rs.30,000 at 7% p.a. is Rs.4347.The period (in years) is :
9. The compound interest on a certain sum for 2 years at 10% p.a. is Rs.525.The simple interest on the same sum for double the time at the half the rate percent per annum is:
10. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at simple interest .What will be the compound interest of Rs.12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
11. The difference between compound interest and simple interest on an amount of Rs.15,000 for 2 years in Rs.96 .What is the rate of interest per annum?
12. The difference between compound interest and simple interest compounded annually on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 4% p.a. is Re.1 .The sum (in Rs) is:
13. The difference between the simple interest on a certain sum at the rate of 10% p.a. for 2 years and compound interest which is compounded every 6 months in Rs.124.05 .What is the principal sum?
14. The effective annual rate of interest corresponding to a nominal rate at 6% p.a. payable half-yearly is:
15. A sum of money invested at compound interest amounts to Rs.800 in 3 years and to Rs.840 in 4 years .The rate of interest p.a. is:
B.5 1/2 %
16. The least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 20% compounded interest will be more than doubled is:
17. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs.1025 due in 2 years at the rate of 5% compound interest ?
18. A sum of money is borrowed and paid back in two annual instalments of Rs.882 each allowing 5% compound interest .The sum borrowed was:
19. A sum of money placed at compound interest doubles itself in 5 years .It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in:
20. Mr.DUa invested money in 2 schemes A and B ordering compound interest @8 p.c.p.a. and 9 p.c.p.a. respectively .If total amount of interest accrued through two schemes together in 2 years was Rs.4818.30 and the total amount invested was Rs.27,000 ,what was the amount invested in Scheme A?