For the upcoming SSC CGL exam, here is another set of questions on Indian Polity for SSC CGL and other competitive exams.
QUESTIONS OF POLITY FOR SSC
1. The concept of Liberty, equality and Fraternity enshrined in the Indian Constitution is inspired from
2. Parliamentary Government is a form of constitutional democracy in which
A.the executives emerge from and is responsible to the judiciary
B.the legislature emerge from and is responsible to the executive
C.the executive emerge from and is responsible to the legislature
D.the legislatures emerge from and is responsible to the judiciary
3. The directive principles of state policy of the Indian Constitution is an idea borrowed from the constitution of
4. In which of the following year the Gandhi-Irwin Pact was signed?
5. In the absence of the president and Vice-President, who discharges the functions of the president?
A.Comptroller and Auditor General
C.Chief Justice of India
6. The original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court covers,
A.Terrorism related cases
B.National Integrity of India
C.Civil and Criminal Cases
D.Disputes between different units of the Indian Union
7. Which of the following is not the essential element of the state?
8. Which one of the following Pacts sought to be resolved the Hindu-Muslim differences?
9. Who among the following was the Prime Minister of England when India was given independence?
10. In the Presidential system of government, the President is
A.Head of the executive
B.Head of the State and Head of the Government
C.Head of the State
D.Head of the Government
11.The chief election commissioner of India is appointed by :
C.Chief Justice of India
12. Which of the following Ideologies aims at the spiritualization of politics?
13. Article 23 and 24 of the Indian Constitution deal with –
A.Right to Education
B.Right to Freedom
C.Right to Freedom of Religion
D.Right against Exploitation
14. Constitution of India came into effect from ?
A.15 January, 1950
B.26 January, 1950
C.15 August, 1950
D.15 January, 1950
15. Citizens of India can vote at theage of
16. Constitution of India was adopted by constituent assembly on ?
A.25 October, 1948
B.25 October, 1949
C.26 November, 1948
D.26 November, 1949
17. Which of the following is not correct regarding a MONEY Bill?
A.It can be introduced in either House of Parliament.
B.It can be passed by the Lok Sabha even if the Rajya Saba rejects it.
C.It is deemed to have been passed by both Houses if it is not returned by the Rajya Sabha within 14 days.
D.It requires the prior approval of the President.
18. A separate Governor for Bengal to be appointed under the act ?
A.Pitts India Act of 1784
B.Charter Act of 1793
C.Charter Act of 1733
D.Charter Act of 1753
19. The maximum number of Anglo Indians who can be nominated to the Lok Sabha are
20. For the first time Indian Legislature was made “Bi-cameral” under :
A.Government of India Act, 1861
B.Government of India Act, 1892
C.Government of India Act, 1915
D.Government of India Act, 1919