This Aptitude Practice set include Question on time and distance that can be asked in SSC, IBPS RRB, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK and other competitive examinations. Almost every exam contain question on time and distance.
QUESTION ON TIME AND DISTANCE
1. An athlete runs 200 metres race in 24 seconds .His speed is :
2. A man walking at the rate of 5 km/hr crosses a bridge in 15 minutes .The length of the bridge (in metres ) is :
3. How long a boy will take to run round a square filed of side 35 metres ,if he runs at the arte of 9 km/hr?
4. The speed of car increases by 2 kms after every one hour .If the distance travelled in the first one hour was 35 kms ,what was the total disance travelled in 12 hours?
D.None of these
5. Anna left for city A form city B at 5:20 a.m . She travelled a the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hours 15 minutes .After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr .If the distance between the two cities is 350 kms ,at what time did Anna reach city A?
6. A can complete a journey in 10 hours.He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr .FInd the total journey in km
7. A is faster than B. A and B each walk 24 km.The sum of their speeds is 7 km/hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours.Then , A’s speed is equal to
8. A farmer travelled a distance of 61 km in 9 hours .He travelled partly on foot @ 4km/hr and partly on bicycle @ 9 km/hr .The distance travelled on foot is:
9. A person travels form P to Q at a speed of 40 km/h and returns by increasing his speed by 50%.What is his average speed for both the trips?
10. A boy rides his bicycle 10 km at an average speed of 12 km/hr and again travels 12 kms at an average speed of 10 km/hr .His average speed for the entire trip is approximately :