Here is another Practice set on Fill in the Blanks for exams like IBPS, SBI, SSC etc. Every exam has questions on Fill in the blanks and the best way to score well is to practice.
In the following questions,sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word.Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four as your answer.
Below is the PRACTICE SET ON FILL IN THE BLANKS
1. I _____ lunch one hour ago.
2. He thought that my car _____ for sale.
3. He tried to prevent me _______ doing my duty.
4. To the dismay of the student body; the class president was _____ berated by the principal at the school.
5. I would apologize if I _____ you.
6. I don’t think I can _____ with him any longer.
7. The ______ of many temples in South and Central India surpasses even that of the Taj Mahal.
8. C.V Raman was an ______ scientist.
9. He never drinks and drives. He is too _____ to do something silly like that.
10. On account of an accident, the traffic on the G.T. Road was _______.
11. ____ your instructions, we have closed your bank account.
A.In lieu of
B.With regard to
C.In accordance with
D.On account of
12. ______ she is clever, she often makes mistakes.
13. Do you prefer ______ or traditional art forms?
14. The farmers ______ their farms, if they had known that a thunderstorm was appraoching.
C.will have left
D.would have left
15. The Paralympics is a competition for the ______.
16. The company let me ______ time off work.
17. I assume ______ with me.
A.every one agreeing
B.that every one agrees
C.every one to agree
D.that every one to agree
18. _____ rain forests is very important,if we do not want the flora and fauna there to become extinct.
19. If I had helped him, he __________.
A.will not be drowned
B.would not be drowned
C.will not have drowned
D.would not have drowned
20. When will you hand _____ your assignment?