Set 14 Polity Questions for SSC exam. These questions are important for RRB, UPSC – CDS, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL exams.
POLITY QUESTIONS FOR SSC EXAM and UPSC Exam
1. On February 20, 1947, British Prime Minister announced the decision of British Government to leave India till
b) January 1948
c) June 1948
d) August 1948
2. The objective of Red Shirts movement was
a)creation of independent Pashtunistan
b) creation of Pakistan
c) activities of trade unions in India
d) free India from the British
3. In the world congress of religions in Chicago in 1893 who represented India?
a) Dadabhai Naoroji
b) Swami Dayanand
c) Swami Vivekananda
d) Ramkrishna Paramhans
4. The SWADESHI movement in India was started during –
a) Champaran Satyagraha of Gandhi
b) Movement against partition of Bengal
c) Movement against Rowlatt Act
d) First non – cooperation movement in 1919 – 22
5. The strength of the legislative council of a state cannot exceed …… of the membership of the legislative assembly.
a) one – half
b) one – third
c) one – fourth
d) one – fifth
6. The Chief Justice and other judges of the High Court retire at the age of
b) 62 years
c) 65 years
d) 70 years
7. Which of the following statements correctly describes a hung parliament?
a) A parliament in which no party has a clear majority
b) The Prime Minister has resigned but the parliament is not dissolved
c) The parliament lacks the quorum to conduct business
d) None of these
8. The final authority to make a proclamation of emergency rests with
b) the President
c) council of Ministers
d) the Prime Minister
9. Which among the following is not a part of the electoral reforms?
a) Registration of Political parties
b) Disqualifying the offenders
c) installation of electronic voting machines
d) Appointment of Election Commissioner
10. Which of the following is a source of income of the Gram Panchayats?
a) Income Tax
b) Sales Tax
c) Professional Tax
d) Levy Duties
11. Democracy in India rests on the fact that?
a) the Constitution is a written one b) there are Fundamental Rights
c) people have right to choose and change the government
d) there are directive principles of state
12. If in an election to ‘State Legislative Assembly’ the candidate who is declared elected loses his deposit, it means that?
a) the polling was very poor
b) the election was for a multimember constituency
c) the elected candidate’s victory over his nearest rival was very marginal
d) a very large number of candidates contested the election
13. The concept of welfare state is included in which part of the Indian Constitution?
a) The Preamble of the Constitution b) Fundamental Rights
c) Directive Principles of State Policy
d) Fourth Schedule of Constitution
14. The most essential feature of the Parliamentary form of Government is the
a) sovereignty of the Parliament b) written constitution
c) accountability of the executive to the legislature
d) independent judiciary
15. What is ‘zero hour’?
a) When the proposals of the opposition are considered
b) When matters of utmost importance are raised
c) Interval between the morning and afternoon sessions
d) When a Money Bill is introduced in Lok Sabha
16. Mahatma Gandhi started his Dandi March from?
d) None of these
17. Who was the first Law Minister of Independent India?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru
b) Vallabhbhai Patel
c) Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
d) Dr.B.R. Ambedkar
18. Who was the first speaker of the Lok Sabha?
a) BR Ambedkar
b) G.V. Mavlankar
c) N. Sanjeeva Reddy
d) Dr. S.P. Mukherjee
19. Bills of which of the following categories can be initiated only in Lok Sabha ?
a) Ordinary Bill
b) Private Members Bill
c) Money Bill
d) Constitution Amendment Bill
20. How are legislative excesses of Parliament and Assemblies Checked ?
a) Intervention from President Governor
b) No Confidence motions
c) General elections
d) Judicial review