Here is the set on Objective questions of science for SSC CGL, UPSC and other competitive exam.
OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS OF SCIENCE SET 28
1. Which one of the following is the chemical name for baking soda?
A)Sodium bicarbonate (Sodium hydrogen carbonate)
C)Potassium bicarbonate (Potassium hydrogen carbonate)
2. Which one of the following statements about DNA is/are correct?
1)DNA is the hereditary material of all living organisms.
2)All segments of DNA code for synthesis of proteins
3)Nuclear DNA is double helical with two nucleotide chain which run antiparallel.
4)DNA is also found in mitochondria
Select the correct answer using the code given below –
A)1, 2 and 3 only
B)3 and 4 only
C)1,3 and 4 only
3. A lady is standing in front of a plane mirror at a distance of1 m from it. She walks 60 cm towards the mirror. The distance of her image now from herself (ignoring the thickness of the mirror) is –
4. The brightness of a star depends on its-
A)Size and temperature only
B)Size and distance from the earth
C)Size, temperature and mass
D)Temperature and distance from the earth
5. When a solid is heated, it turns directly into a gas. This process is called-
6. Which one of the following is water gas?
A)Mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen
B)Mixture of carbon monoxide and nitrogen
C)Mixture of carbon dioxide and water vapour
D)Mixture of carbon monoxide and water vapour
7. Which of the following statements are correct?
In honey bees
1.Males are haploid
2.Workers are sterile and diploid
3.Queen develops from diploid larvae that fed on royal jelly
4.Honey is collected /made by males.
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
A)1, 2, 3 and 4
B)2 and 3 only
C)1, 2 and 3 only
D)1 and 4 only
8. A glass vessel is filled with water to the rim and a lid is fixed to it tightly. Then it is left inside a freezer for hours. What is expected to happen?
A)The water freezes to ice and the level of ice comes down
B)The water in the glass vessel simply freezes to ice
C)The glass vessel breaks due to expansion as water freezes to ice
D)The water does not freeze at all
9. A simple circuit contains a 12 V battery and a bulb having 24 ohm resistance. When you turn on the switch, the ammeter connected in the circuit would read-
10. Three resistor with magnitudes 2, 4 and 8 ohm are connected in parallel. The equivalent resistance of the system would be –
A)Less than 2 ohm
B)More than 2 ohm but less than 4 ohm
More OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS OF SCIENCE for SSC CGL here