- Microsoft word is an excellent word processor that allows the user to create letter, resume, report and announcements.
- File Extension for MS Word : .doc or .docx
MICROSOFT WORD FEATURES
- Header and Footer: Header and footer is text or graphics that appear on the top and bottom of a page. Header and footer contains the page number, the date of a company logo that is usually printed at the top or bottom of each page in a document.
- Title Bar: The Title bar shows the name of the file and name of the program. In this there are three buttons on the right hand side: Minimize (to shrink the window down), Maximize (to make the window as large as it can be) and Close (to close the window).
- Menu Bar: The Menu Bar is placed below the Title bar and it consists of various commands.
- File Menu: From File menu user can perform the functions such as Create a new document, open existing file, save files and print.
- Home Tab: It provides options that can change the font, size, colour, alignment, bullets and numbering, organization and style of the text.
- Insert Tab: It provides the option to insert Tables, links picture, clipart and symbols.
- Page Layout Tab: It includes Themes, page setup, Page Background.
- Ruler: It shows the width of the document which can be increased or decreased.
- Workspace: It is the area where the text can be entered.
- Thesaurus: It is used to find the synonym for a word in the document.
- Spell check: It is used to check the spelling and grammar mistakes and also provide the possible alternative for incorrectly spelt word.
List of Commonly used key that have special functions in MS Word :
1. Backspace key: This deletes letters backward.
2. Delete key: This deletes letter forward.
3. Shift key: This when press with another key will perform a secondary function.
4. Spacebar key: This enters the space between the words or letters.
5. Tab: This will indent what user type, or move the text to right. The default indent
distance is usually ½ Inch.
6. Caps Lock : This key when pressed , will capitalized every letter
7. Control (Ctrl): This when pressed WITH another key, performs a shortcut.
8. Enter: This either gives a new line, or executes a command.
9. Arrow Keys: Used to navigate through a document or page.