This post contains the list of List of International Airports in India . Below the complete list of international airports is the list of domestic airports in India. As you all are very well aware, one question from this topic can be asked in any competitive exam like SSC, UPSC, RRB, etc. After the list of the International and domestic airport, there are few points to remember about the Airport Authority of India.
List of International Airports in India
|1.||Indira Gandhi International Airport||Delhi|
|2.||Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport||Mumbai|
|3.||Kempegowda International Airport||Bangalore,Karnataka|
|4.||Chennai International Airport||Chennai,Tamil Nadu|
|5.||Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport||Kolkata,West Bengal|
|6.||Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||Hyderabad,Telangana|
|7.||Cochin International Airport||Kochi,Kerala|
|8.||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport||Ahmedabad,Gujarat|
|9.||Goa International Airport||Goa|
|10.||Pune International Airport||Pune, Maharashtra|
|11.||Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport||Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh|
|12.||Thiruvananthapuram International Airport||Thiruvananthapuram,Kerala|
|13.||Coimbatore International Airport||Coimbatore,Tamil Nadu|
|14.||Calicut International Airport||Calicut,Kerala|
|15.||Biju Patnaik International Airport||Bhubaneswar,Odisha|
|16.||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport||Nagpur,Maharashtra|
|17.||Sheikhul Aalam International Airport||Srinagar|
|18.||Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport||Patna, Bihar|
|20.||Chandigarh International Airport||Chandigarh|
|21.||Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport||Varanasi,Uttar Pradesh|
|22.||Veer Savarkar International Airport||Port Blair|
|23.||Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport||Amritsar|
|24.||Tiruchirappalli International Airport||Tiruchirappalli,Tamil Nadu|
|25.||Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport||Guwahati,Assam|
|26.||Visakhapatnam International Airport||Visakhapatnam,Andhra Pradesh|
Below are few more details on Airports Authority in India
- Guruprasad Mohapatra is the chairman of Airports Authority of India.
- Headquarters of Airports Authority of India is in New Delhi, India
- Airports Authority of India manages all the airports in India.
- It works under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- The AAI manages, upgrades and maintains the civil aviation infrastructure in India.
- AAI provides Air traffic management (ATM) services over Indian airspace locations.
- Apart from controlling the Internationaland domestic airports, it controls the customs airports and civil enclaves at military bases.
- The current Minister of Civil Aviation is Hardeep Singh Puri
Important points about International Airports in India:
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) is the largest and busiest International Airports in India.
- Maharashtra state has 9 operational airports in India.
- Kerala and Tamil Nadu state has 4 operational International airports.
- Juhu Aerodrome is India’s oldest airport and the first airport in India founded in 1928 at Mumbai.
- Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Ladakh is the highest airports in India.
- Lengpui Airport, Mizoram is India’s smallest airport.
Some interesting points on Airports around the world
- Daocheng Yading Airport, China is the highest-altitude airport in the world
- World’s Lowest Airport: Bar Yehuda Airfield, located in Israel.
- The longest paved runway in the world is at Qamdo Bamda Airport in China
- The largest airport is King Fahd International Airport (KFIA) in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
- The smallest airport in the world is Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, located on the Caribbean island of Saba.
- The world’ tallest air traffic control tower is based at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand.
Do you know
- There is a library in Estonian Airport, where you can borrow books for your trip and the whole thing operates off an honor system
- To help airline passengers deal with travel anxiety, San Francisco International Airport has hired the nation’s first airport therapy pig.
For more questions, click here