Another set of Indian Polity SSC CGL Questions.
Indian Polity SSC CGL Questions Set – 9
1. The interval between two sessions of either House of Parliament should not exceed
2. Which Amendment Act introduced changes in the preamble to the Indian Constitution?
A.the 38th Amendment Act,1975
B.the 40th Amendment Act,1976
C.the 42nd Amendment Act,1976
D.the 44th Amendment Act,1979
3. Who said that ‘the real seat of taste is not the tongue but the mind’?
C.Bal Gangadhar Tilak
4. Who developed the idea that ‘means justify the ends’?
B.Raja Ram mohan roy
C.Swami Dayanand Saraswati
5. Age of a candidate of contest Parliamentary election should not be lesser than-
6. Who was the President of Indian National Congress when the Mountbatten Plan of independence was accepted?
D.Acharya J.B Kripalani
7. Which of the following is not tool of legislative control over aministration in India?
8. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was equated with-
9. Which of the following is not tool of legislative control over administration in India?
A.Dissolution of House
D.No Confidence motion
10. The writs for the enforcement of fundamental rights are issued by-
D.The Election Commission
11. Which of the following is a feature common to both the Indian Federation and the American Federation?
A.A single citizenship
C.Three lists in the constitution
D.A federal Supreme court to interpret the constitution
12. In which year were the Indian States reorganised on the Linguistic basis?
13. A writ issued by the Supreme court compelling a quasi-judicial/ public authority to perform its mandatory duty is-
14. In Gandhian Socialism-
A.state is required
B.state is not required
C.state is sometimes required and sometimes not required
D.state is neither required nor not required
15. The concept of fundamental duties has been taken from the constitution of-
16. No. of judges in Supreme court is-
17. Which of the following posts has no mention in the constitution-
18. On September 20, 1932 Mahatma Gandhi began a fast unto death in Yervadda jail against the-
A.British repression of the Satyagrahis
B.Violation of the Gandhi-Irwin Pact
C.Communal award of Ramsay Macdonald
D.Communal riots in Calcutta
19. Who persuaded the ratings of the RIN(Royal Indian Navy) to surrender on February 23, 1946?
B.Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
C.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and M.A. Jinnah
D.Morarji Desai and J.B. kripalani
20. Who represented India in the second round table conference?
A.Aruna Asaf Ali