Indian Polity quiz for upcoming SSC CGL exam with answers.
Set 12 Indian Polity Quiz for SSC CGL
1. By who. the jurisdiction of the Supreme court of India can be enlarged?
A.President of India
B.Parliament by passing a resolution
C.Parliament by making a law
D.President in consultation with Chief Justice of India
2. Council of Minister is collectively responsible to whom?
3. Which of the following has described as the soul of the Indian Constitution?
B.Directive Principles of State Policy
C.Right to Constitutional Remedies
4. The Lok Sabha Secretariat comes under the direct supervision of-
A.Ministry of Home Affairs
B.Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
C.President of India
D.Lok Sabha Speaker
5. Who among the following is not appointed by the State Governor?
B.Members, State Public Service Commission
C.Judges of High Court
6. Under which of the following the Constituent Assembly of India was constituted?
A.Government of India Act, 1935
B.Cripps Proposal, 1942
C.Cabinet Mission, 1946
D.Indian Independence Act, 1947
7. Which of the following constitute the Indian Parliament?
A.President, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
B.Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Prime Minister
C.Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
D.Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Parliament Secretariat
8. Who presides over the joint sitting of the two houses of the Parliament?
A.President of India
B.Vice-President of India
C.Prime Minister of India
D.Speaker of Lok Sabha
9. What is the tenture of Chief Election Commissioner of India?
B.Six years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier
C.Five years or 65 years of age, whichever is earlier
D.During the pleasure of the President of India
10. Where the Public Interest Ligitation (PIL) can be filed?
A.Only in Supreme Court of India
B.Only in High Courts of States
C.In Central Administrative Tribunals
D.Both in High Courts and Supreme court
11. Which constitutional amendment provided constitutional status to urban local government?
12. A person can contest the Panchayat election, if he has attained theage of-
13. By which Constitutional Amendment OBCs have been given 27 per cent reservation in the admission to educational institutions?
14. Who administers the Oath of office and secrecy to the Governor?
B.Chief Justice of Supreme Court
C.Chief Justice of High Court
15. Which one of the following states first established the institution of Lokayukta?
16. Under which article of the constitution reservations in admission to educational institutions, including privateand unaided, to OBCs/ ST/ SC is made?
17. ‘Right to education’ introduced through 86th Amendment came into force –
18. State Legislative Assembly can participate in the eection of following-
I.President of India
II.Vice-President of India
III.Members of Rajya Sabha
IV.Members of Legislative Council
Select the correct answer-
A.I, II and III
B.I, III and IV
C.I and II
D.I,II and IV
19. District Judges in a state are appointed by-
A.Advocate General of the state
B.Council of Ministers of the state
D.ChiefJustice of High court
20. For which one of the following commisions, there is no provision in the Indian constitution?
D.Union Public service comission