Here is Indian Polity questions for SSC CGL and CDS exams as SSC exam has a few questions from Indian Polity.
Indian Polity Questions for SSC CGL and CDS Exam Quiz -8
1. Who of the following is not appointed by the President of India?
A.Governors of the States
B.Chief Justice and Judges of the high courts
D.Chief Justice and Judges of the Supreme court
2. What is the period within which proclamation of national emergency made by the President is to be placed before each house of the Parliament for approval?
A.within one month
B.within two month
C.within four month
D.within six month
3. What was the exact constitutional position of the Indian republic when the constitution was brought into force with effect from January 26, 1950?
A.A Democratic Republic
B.A Sovereign Democratic Republic
C.A Sovereign Secular Democratic Republic
D.A Sovereign Secular Socialist Democratic Republic
4. Fabianism is closely related to-
5. A federal structure of India was first put forward by the?
A.Act of 1909
B.Act of 1919
C.Act of 1935
D.Act of 1947
6. In case of disagreement over a money bill between the two houses of Parliament-
A.The bill will lapse
B.The President may sign it into a law
C.The President may call a joint sitting of both the houses to consider it
D.The President may ask both the Houses to reconsider it
7. What was the ultimate goal of Mahatma Gandhi’s salt satyagraha?
A.Repeal of salt satyagraha
B.Curtailment of the Government’s Power
C.Economic relief to the common people
D.’Purna Swaraj’ for India
8. How many subjects are there in the union list?
9. President of India can be removed by-
D.Chief Justice of Supreme Court
10. Bills of which of the following categories can be initiated only in Lok sabha?
B.Private Member’s Bills
D.Constitution Amendment Bills
11. The Prime Minister of Britain at the time of India’s Independence was-
12. Independence of judiciary ensures-
A.Liberty of the individuals
B.Efficiency of the Government
C.Protection of Judges
D.None of the above
13. One subsidiary Alliance system was introduced by-
14. Which was described by B.R Ambedkar as the ‘heart and soul’ of the Indian Constitution?
A.Right to Equality
B.Right against Exploitation
C.Right to constitutional Remedies
D.Right to freedom of Religion
15. Who had proposed party less democracy in India?
16. In India the concept of single citizenship is adopted from-
17. Which is the maximum strength prescribed for state legislative assemblies?
18. Who is called the ‘father of Indian Renaissance’?
D.Raja Rammohan Roy
19. Who is called the ‘Man of Blood and Iron’?
20. The minimum strength of state legislative council is-