This post has Indian Polity questions for SSC CGL 2016. The general awareness section has around 4 – 5 or more questions from Indian Polity.
Indian Polity Questions for SSC CGL 2016 SET 13
1. Who amongst the following are not included in the electoral college for the election of the President of India?
A.Elected members of the House of the People
B.Elected members of the Council of States
C.Elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of the States
D.Elected members of the Legislative Councils of the states
2. Time of zero-hour in parliament is
A.9 am to 10 am
B.10 am to 11 am
C.11 am to 12 noon
D.12 noon to 1 pm
3. The executive power of the Union vests in –
A.The Prime Minister
C.The Council of Ministers
4. The Indian Parliament consists of –
A.Lok sabha only
B.Rajya Sabha only
C.Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha only
D.Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and the President
5. The provision for the representation of Anglo-Indian community in the Lok Sabha has Been made in the constitution under
6. The right to vote in India is a
7. By which constitutional Amendment the number of Central Ministers has been limited to 15% of the total number of members of the Lok Sabha?
D.None of these
8. In which of the following States, the office of Lokayukta was first established?
9. Which of the following is not a federal feature of the Indian Constitution?
A.Distribution of power between centre and States
B.Entirely written constitution
10. Under which one of the following Articles, the procedure for removal of the President of India through the process of impeachment has been laid down?
11. Which one of the following cases outlined the basic structure doctrine of the Indian Constitution?
A.Gopalan v/s Madras State
B.Golaknath v/s Punjab State
C.Keshava Nand Bharti v/s Kerala State
D.None of these
12. Which of the following Fundamental rights under the constitution is guaranteed only to the citizens of India and not to foreigners living in India?
A.Equality before law
B.Freedom of speech and expression
C.Protection of life and personal liberty
D.Free practice of religion
13. The Joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha under Article 108 is summoned by
B.Speaker of Lok Sabha
C.The Prime Minister
D.Chairman of Rajya Sabha
14. Which one the following writs can be issued by High court to secure liberty of the individual?
15. In the absence of the President of India, if Vice President is not available, who of the following can act as the President?
A.Chief Justice of India
C.Speaker of the Lok Sabha
D.Attorney General of India
16. Who can legislate on the subjects which are not included in any of the lists of subjects given in the constitution?
A.Supreme Court of India
17. Which one of the following Articles of the constitution provides that the speaker shall have and exercise a casting vote in the case of an equality of votes?
18. Which one of the following is not a part of Fundamental Duties under Indian constitution?
A.To defend the country and render national service
B.To value and preserve the rich, heritage of our composite culture
C.To help in organizing Village Panchayats
D.To safeguard public property and to abjure violence
19. Which of the following is related to Right to Information Act 2005?
A.Lily Thomas v/s Union of India
B.Nadini Sundar v/s State of Chattisgarh
C.Namit Sharma v/s Union of India
D.None of these
20. Who addressed Gandhiji as ‘one-man boundary force’?