INDIAN POLITY PRACTICE QUIZ 7
1. The secular feature in the government of India derives its strength from which part of the constitution?
B.Article 15 and 25
2. Which is the most powerful upper chamber of the world?
A.The British House of Lords
B.The American Senate
C.The Canadian Senate
D.The Indian Rajya Sabha
3. A private citizen can be appointed as a special police officer under the provisions of
B.Criminal Procedure code
C.Indian Penal code
4. Field Marshal is the highest rank in
5. Who was the first governor of free India?
6. If a man is denied freedom of movement ,it means a denial of
7. The function of protem speaker is to
A.Conduct the proceedings of the house in the absence of speaker
B.officiate as speaker when a speaker in unlikely to be elected
C.swear-in members and hold charge till a regular speaker is elected
D.check if the election certificates of members are in order
8. Fascism believes in
A.superiority of the nation
C.absence of discrimination
9. Panchayati Raj is based on the ideology of
B.community cooperation and development
C.people’s participation in government
D.cultivation of political awareness in rural masses
10. The 81st constitutional Amendment Bill deals with
A.Setting up a separate state of Uttarakhand
B.reservation for women in Parliament and state legislatures
C.grant of greater autonomy for Jammu & Kashmir
D.reservation in Educational Institutions for OBC
11. Which of the highest body which approves the Five-year plans of our country
C.National Development Council
D.The central Cabinet
12. Which of the following statements is correct regarding the constituent Assembly?
A.It was selected by the people of India Directly
B.It adopted the constitution on 26th January ,1952
C.It functioned as a provisional parliament for sometime
D.It submitted the constitution to the people of India for ratification
13. Separation of Powers is best illustrated by the
14. Protection of the interests of the minority is envisages in which of the following Article?
15. What is the document published by the government to apprise the public on any issue?
B.Report of Public Accounts Committee
D.None of these
16. Which of the following bills cannot be introduced first in the Rajya Sabha?
B.Bills pertaining to the removal of the President by impeachment
C.Bills bringing a state under the President’s Rule
D.Bills pertaining to the powers of the Supreme Court or state Judiciary
17. What is Zero Hour?
A.When the proposals of the opposition are considered
B.When the matters of utmost importance are raised
C.Interval between the morning and afternoon sessions
D.When a money bill is introduced in the Lok Sabha
18. The quorum required to hold meeting of the legislative chambers is what fraction of the total membership of the house?
19. What is the maximum number of elected members in a state Assembly?
20. What is the maximum age for being the member of the Parliament?
D.None of these