Indian Polity Practice Quiz 5
1. Money bill can be introduced
A.in both the houses
B.only in Rajya Sabha
C.only in Lok Sabha
D.only by the prime minister
2. Who can preside but cannot vote in one of the Houses of Parliament?
3. The Attorney General holds office
B.for 6 years
C.during the pleasure of the president
D.as long as he enjoys the confidence of parliament
4. The Right to vote in the national elections in India is based on the principle of
D.Universal Adult storage
5. Which of the following are not included in Article 19 of the constitution?
A.Freedom of speech and expression
B.freedom of assembly ,association and unions
C.freedom of entertainment ,amusement and fun
D.freedom pf movement ,residence ,settlement ,profession and trade
6. Constitution of India provides that hindi shall be the
A.national language of India
B.Language of communication between state governments
C.official language of the Union of India
D.language of communication between the Union Government and the state government
7. Which one of the following parts of Indian Constitution enjoins upon the state to provide free and compulsory eduction for children up to 14 years of age?
A.Directive principle of State Policy
D.Special provisions related to certain classes
8. Which one of the following rights was considered the Heart and Soul of the Constitution by Dr B.Ambedkar?
A.Freedom of Speech
B.Right to constitutional remedy
C.Right to freedom of religion
D.None of these
9. Name the only Indian Prime Minister who never faced parliament during his tenure?
A.Atal Bihari Vajpayee
B.Choudhary Charan Singh
D.Vishwanath Pratap Singh
10. Which of the following can levy the tax on Agricultural income under the constitution of India?
11. The Right to Private Property in India today is
A.A legal right
B.a political right
C.a constitutional right
D.a fundamental right
12. Directive principle of state policy aim at
A.ensuring individual liberty
B.ensuring and strengthening the country’s independence
C.protecting the depressed classes
D.providing social and economic base for genuine democracy in the country
13. Which one of the following provides constitutional guarantee of personal freedom?
14. Who is authorised to impose reasonable restriction on Fundamental rights?
A.The Supreme Court
C.The Prime Minister
15. The best source of revenue for the state government is
D.motor vehicle tax
16. The members of the National Development Council include
A.The prime minister
B.The state Chief minister
C.Members of the planning commission
D.Lt.Governors of the Union Territory
17. The idea of Fundamental Duty is derived from
D.None of these
18. Fundamental duty were introduced in the constitution by the
19. How is and All India Service Created?
B.By Union Public Service Commission
C.By the Parliament
D.By the President
20. Who levy Income Tax?
B.Both State and Union Governments
D.Reserve Bank of India