Indian Polity Practice Quiz -1 for SSC and CDS exams.
1. Who among the following was the chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constitution?
B.Tej Bahadur Sapru
2. The office of Governor General of India was created by
A.Charter Act ,1813
B.Charter Act ,1833
C.Government of India Act ,1858
D.Government of India Act ,1935
3. Who among the following was not a member of the constituent Assembly established in July 1946?
4. What is the special constitutional position of Jammu and Kashmir ?
A.Indian Laws are not applicable
B.It has its own constitution
C.It is not one of the integral parts of Indian union
D.It is above Indian Constitution
5. Which of the following is a directive principle given in the constitution?
A.Freedom to reside and settle bin any part of India
B.Equal pay for equal work of men and women
C.To uphold and protect the sovereignty ,unity and integrity of India
D.To develop the scientific temper,Humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform
6. Indian constitution provides for a
7. The prime minister , Union cabinet minister ,Chief minister and council of ministers are all members of
B.National Development council
8. Next to Hindi ,language spoken by the largest number of people in the Indian subcontinent is
9. The constituent Assembly adopted our constitution on
10. The first leader of opposition to be given the status and rank of a cabinet minister was
11. The ratio between the length and breadth of Indian National Flag is
12. Who make appointments for the civil services in India?
13. The reference to Hindus in Article 25 of the constitution does not include
14. English is the official language of which of the following states?
15. How many articles are there in the constitution
16. Which part of the constitution incorporates special provision with regard to the state of Jammu and Kashmir?
17. 26th January is India’s
18. Which one of the following was an associate state of India before becoming a full fledged state?
19. Which of the following is not a Union Territory?
D.Daman and Diu
20. Article 370 of the constitution deals with
A.protection of interest of minority
B.powers of President to grant pardon
C.formation of new states and alteration of boundary
D.temporary provision with respect of Jammu and Kashmir