This set contains History Questions that can be asked in SSC CGL and CDS exams.
Set 10 History quiz for Upcoming SSC exam
1. Read statements (a) and (b) and choose the correct answer from the codes given below-
(a)The sixth century B.C was a period of great religious upheaval in all parts of the world.
(b)The Vedic religion had become very complex.
A.Both (a) and (b) are false
B.Both (a) and (b) are true
C.(a) is true, while (b) is false
D.(a) is false, while (b) is true
2. The earliest known eipgraphic evidence of Bhagvatism is-
A.Prayag Prashasti of Samundra Gupta
B.Nasik inscription of Gautami Balshri
C.Garuda column at Bensagar
D.Ayodhya inscription of Dhanadeva
3. Buddhist text ‘Milindapanho’ throws light on which Indo Greek ruler?
4. In which Vedic text the term ‘Varna’ is found referred for the first time?
5. There were different causes for the downfall of the Gupta empire. Which one was not the cause among the statements given below?
B.Feudal set-up of administration
C.Acceptance of Buddhism by the later Guptas
6. Azimullah Khan was an advisor to-
C.Rani Laxmi Bai
7. Who established the ‘Satya Sodhak Samaj’?
D.Bhaskar Rao Jhadav
8. Muzzafar Ahmad, S.A Dange, Shaukat Usmani and Nalini Gupta were jailed for which conspiracy?
A.Kakori train heist
B.Chhitagong Armoury raid
C.Meerut conspiracy case
D.Kanpur Bolshevik conspiracy case
9. After the downfall of the Delhi Sultanate, who was the first ruler to issue the gold coin?
10. Kings of ten tribes fought the ‘Dashraj War’ in the Vedic Age against whom of the following?
11. Which of the following Mauryan Kings was the follower of Ajivika Sect?
12. Who among the following rulers of Mewar accepted Mughal suzerainty?
13. By which of the following treaties, the Third Anglo-Mysore War was ended in 1792 A.D.?
A.Treaty of Srirangapattanam
B.Treaty of Madras
C.Treaty of Mysore
D.Treaty f Mangalore
14. Which sultan recieved a robe of honour from the Caliph?
15. Which one of the following is the principal source of informationon Asoka’s campaign against Kalinga?
A.Pillar Edict VII
D.Rock Edict XIII
16. The Gandhara art flourished under-
17. Who built the Khajuraho temples?
18. Name the famous King of Kushan dynasty?
19. Who of the following is called “Indian Napoleon”?
A.Chandra Gupta Maurya
C.Chandra Gupta Vikraditya
20. The first Mughal emperor of India was—