Set 8 History Quiz for SSC Exam with Answer
1. Which of the following is not one of the Harappan sites related to the maritime activates of the Harappan people?
2. Which of the following findings help us to understand the religious and social life of the Indus valley age?
B.Terracotta figures and seals
C.Furniture and pottery
D.Remains of houses and other buildings
3. Which of the following was not a religious belief of the Harappan people?
A.Belief in evil spirits and life hereafter
B.Cult and fire
C.Adoration of trees and animals
D.Erection of large prayer houses
4. Evidence of ploughing the land is found from?
5. Which of the following archaeological cultures formed the material background of the sixteen mahajanapadas?
A.PGW pre-iron phase culture
D.PGW iron phase culture
6. Which of the following texts gives a list of Mahajanapadas?
7. Which one of the following cities had the largest city area in the second urbanization?
8. What does term ‘Panchayam’ stand for?
9. One taking entry in Buddha Sangha was called-
10. The first sermon of Buddha is called-
B.Dharma Chakra pravartan
11. Ten sheel prescribed by Buddha did not include –
12. One of the edicts discovered in 1915, which gave the name of its author as king Ashoka ‘Priyadarsi’ is-
13. Which one of the following inscriptions proves Chandragupta Maurya’s conquest of Western India?
A.Junagarh Rock Edict of Rudradaman
B.Girnar Rock Edict of Ashoka
C.Sopra Rock Edict of Ashoka
D.Separate (Kalinga) Rock Edict
14. Which of the following does not constitute the doctrinal aspects of Ashoka dhamma?
B.Restraint in Behaviour
C.Equal treatment to all
D.Fear of sin
15. Which of the following supposed cuases of disintegration of the Mauryan Empire is the least likely one?
A.Succession of weak kings after Ashoka
B.Military inactivity on account of Ashoka’s pacifist policies
C.Brahminical revolt against the pro-Buddhist policy of Ashoka
D.Absence of national consciousness and representative institutions
16. With which one of the following is ‘The Allahabad Pillar Inscription’ associated?
B.Chandra Gupta Maurya
17. Name the earliest example of a ‘Panchayatana’ composition in Indian temple architecture-
A.The Dashavatara temple at Deogarh
B.The Parvati temple at Nachna Kuthara
C.The Laxman temple at Sirpur
D.The Kankali temple at Tigawa
18. Which one of the following cities was regarded as best silk cloth producer during the Gupta period?
19. The term ‘Nigama’ stood for a-
A.Corporation of guild
B.Group of merchants
C.Group of inhabitants of the same town
D.Group of artisans
20. Which animal is declared as ‘Aghanya’ in Rigveda?