Set- 7 History Quiz for SSC CGL EXAM
1. Which of the following fort was not built by Akbar?
2. ‘Indica’ was authored by
3. 6th century B.C was an age of-
4. “Meghdoot” was written by-
5. Tulsidas wrote Ramcharitmanas in the reign of
6. The original founder of the Manuscripts and Editor of Kautilya’s Athashastra was
7. When did the reign of Delhi Sultanate came to an end?
8. Which one of the following is the most lasting contribution of the Rashtrakutas?
B.Pampa, Poona, Ranna, the three writers of Kannada poetry and Kailasha Temple
C.Patronage of Jainism
9. Who was the contemporary South Indian ruler of Harshavardhana?
10. Name the Greek Ambassador at the Mauryan Court.
11. When the rule of Delhi Sultan began?
12. Who introduced leather token currency in India?
13. The Portuguese Governor who abolished Sati in Goa was
14. Who got Gita translated into Persian?
15. The seashore Temple at Mahabalipuram was built by-
A.Mahendra Varman I
B.Narasimha Varman I
C.Nandi Varman II
16. Which one of the following Vedas contain sacrificial formulae?
17. When did the best productions of Gandhara sculpture appear?
18. The Mansabdari system was introduce by-
19. When and by whom were the Ashokan inscriptions deciphered for the first time?
A.1787 – John Tower
B.1825 – Charles Metcalfe
C.1837 – James Prinsep
D.1810 – Harry Smith
20. Which Dynasty immediately succeeded the Maurya dynasty and ruled Magadha Kingdom?