History questions with answers set – 6 for SSC CGl and CDS exam.
Set- 6 History quiz for SSC CGL EXAM
1. The social system of the Harrapans was-
C.colour (Varna) based
2. Which of the following vedas provides information about the civilisation of the early vedic age?
3. The university which became famous in the post-Gupta Era was-
4. Banabhatta was the court poet of which emperor?
5. The first Indian ruler, who established the supremacy of Indian Navy in the Arabian Sea was-
6. The Mughal painting reaches its zenith during the reign of-
7. Permanent Revenue settlement of Bengal was introduced by-
8. The father of extremist movement in India is-
B.Gopal Krishna Gokhale
D.Bal Gangadhar tilak
9. Which of the following is a port town of Indus Valley Civilization?
10. Which book is considered as the Gupta equivalent of Kautilya’s ‘Arthashastra’?
11. Who was the most powerful king of Pratihar dynasty?
12. Who founded the city of Agra, a capital of Akbar the great?
A.Feroj Shah Tughlaq
D.Sher shah Suri
13. Which of the following statements is wrong about the Mughal Emperor Akbar?
A.Akbar prohibited slavery and sati system
B.Minimum age of marriage for girls was fixed 14 years and boys 16 years
C.Abul Fazal was Akbar’s Finance Minister
D.Akbar was born in Umerkot (Sindh)
14. A contemporary historian has described ________ as “the Plato of Jat people”.
A.Maharaja Badan Singh
B.Maharaja Jawahar Singh
C.Maharaja Suraj Mal
D.Maharaja Ratan Singh
15. Which part of Indian subcontinent was under the control of Pala Dynasty?
A.Bihar and Bengal
B.Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
16. World heritage site Hampi is associated with which empire-
17. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
A.Mallikarjun Raya – Sangama Dynasty
B.Thimma Bhupala – Saluva Dynasty
C.Krishana Deva Raya – Tuluva Dynasty
D.Sriranga-I – Kakatiya Dynasty
18. Who among the following was associated with the formulation of the basic ideas of the Mahayana Buddhism?
19. Consider the following statements about Harappan Culture-
1.The Harappan Culture matured in Sind and Punjab.
2.It spread from there to Southwards and Eastwards.
3.The area, where it spread, was bigger than Egypt and Mesopotamia.
A.1 and 2 only
B.2 and 3 only
D.1,2 and 3 only
20. Megasthenes was a-
A.Greek ambassador to the court of Chandragupta Maurya
B.Greek trader during Ashoka’s time
C.Greek trader in the Gupta period
D.Chinese pilgrim during Harsha’s time