Another set of History questions with answers for upcoming SSC CGL exam.
SET 9 HISTORY QUESTIONS FOR SSC CGL EXAM
1. Who among the following was the exponent of Visistadvaita philosophy?
2. The Rathas of Mahabalipuram was built during the reign of-
3. Temples at all of the following places are well known for their erotic sculpture except
D.Halebid and Belur
4. Pandayas were centered in-
5. The term ‘dastak’ implies?
B.Duty free trade
6. The chola empire reached its zenith under
C.Rajendra Chola I
D.Rajendra Chola II
7. The capital of Kakatiya dynasty was
8. Which of the following was the lowest unit of Chola administration?
9. The dynasty that excelled itself as a naval power was that of the
10. Madurai was the capital of
11. After the Mauryas the most important kingdom in the Deccan and Central India was that of the
12. The large Shiva Temple at Thanjavur was built by-
B.Raja Raja Chola
13. The highest officer under the Turkish /Khilji Rulers of the Delhi Sultanate was?
C.Head of the Majlis-i-Khalawat
14. During the Delhi Sultanate, who among the following were called the Barids?
B.Bodygaurds of the Sultan
C.Officer-in-charge of state exchequer
D.The spy / news reporters
15. Which of the following Sultans refused to read Khutba in the name of Khalifa for first time?
16. The mongol leader who threatened the safety of the Turkish rule in India during the rule of Iltumish was
17. During the 13th and 14th centuries the Indian peasant did not cultivate-
18. Ibn Batuta was a traveller from which among the following current nations?
19. Who among the following rulers is known to have assumed the title of Caliph himself?
C.Qutbuddin Mubarak Shah Khalji
D.Mohammad bin Tughlaq
20. With reference to Delhi Sultanate, the Turkan-e-Chihalgani was constituted by-
D.None of these