This set contains Questions on History for SSC exams.History questions for SSC CGL and UPSC exams. These History questions are important for general awareness section of competitive exams.
HISTORY FOR SSC EXAMS Set 11
1. Find the odd man out of the following sites of Harappa civilization?
2. Babar was cremated in …………. as he desired.
3. The famous figure of a dancing girl found in the excavation of Harappa was made up of
d) red limestone
4. The valleys of Sindhu, Ganga and Jamuna were brought together for the first time under one political authority by
a) Chandragupta Maurya
c) Chandragupta – II
d) Prithvi Raj Chauhan
5. Revenue system during Akbar’s reign was in the hands of
a) Bairam Khan
b) Man Singh
d) Todar Mal
6. Mohammad-bin-Tughlaq changes his capital from Delhi to Devagiri because he wanted to
a) improve trade in the Deccan
b) spread Islam in the Deccan
c) punish the people of Delhi
d) escape from the Mongol invasion
7. Who among the following is the most famous God in the Rig Veda?
8. Saka era was started in?
a) 58 B.C.
b) 78 B.C.
c) 301 A.D.
d) 896 A.D.
9. Vasco De Gama after the historic voyage of 1498 reached for the first time in India at?
d) None of these
10. Who is considered the real founder of the Gupta Empire?
a) Chandragupta – II
b) Chandragupta – I
11. Shahjahan ascended the Mughal throne in
a) 1628 AD
b) 1626 AD
c) 1625 AD
d) 1627 AD
12. Which is correct order?
a) Babar, Humayun, Jahangir, Akbar, Shahjahan, Aurangzeb
b) Babar, Humayun, Akbar, Jahangir, Shahjahan, Aurangzeb
c) Babar, Akbar, Humayun, Shahjahan, Jahangir, Aurangzeb
d) Babar, Humayun, Shahjahan, Akbar, Jahangir, Aurangzeb
13. Ibn Battuta visited India during the rule of
a) Alauddin Khilji
b) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
c) Sher Shah Suri
14. Who was the Nawab of Bengal during ‘Battle of Plassey’?
b) Mir Jafar
c) Mir Qasim
d) None of these
15. How many times did Babur invade India before 1526 A.D.?
C.None of these
16. In Indian Architecture ‘Surkhi’ was introduced by –
17. The Vedic literature was composed between
A.3000 B.C. and 1000 B.C.
B.2500 B.C. and 500 B.C.
C.3500 B.C. and 2500 B.C.
D.3500 B.C. and 1000 B.C.
18. The Rath temples at Mahabalipuram were built by
19. In which state was the Nalanda University located in India?
20. Mahavira was born in 6th century BC at______?
D.None of these