Below is Set 8 of Geography quiz for SCC CGL exam with answers.
Set 8 Geography Quiz for SSC CGL exam
1. The pressure of wind is governed by-
C.Rotation of the earth
2. Which one the following is a great circle?
A.Tropic of Cancer
B.Tropic of Capricorn
3. What is a cyclone?
A.A low pressure system with clockwise winds in the Northern hemisphere
B.A high pressure system with anticlockwise winds in Northern hemisphere
C.A low pressure system with anticlockwise winds in the Northern hemisphere
D.A high pressure system with clockwise winds in the Northern hemisphere
4. Snowfall occurs when-
A.water droplets freeze as they fall to the ground
B.Rain drops are carried up by updroughts in air
C.Dew points of air is below freezing point
D.Air is highly moist and rises due to convention
5. What is measured by Psychrometer?
6. Hail consists of-
D.Masses of ice with concentric layers
7. Which region is most famous for citrus fruits?
8. Which country is the leading producer of Uranium?
9. Trees shed their leaves in winter season to-
B.Take rest after summer growth
D.Escape being eaten by animals
10. Which one of the following is the smallest state of India?
11. Which is an area of Tropical ever green forest?
A.The western ghats
B.The eastern ghats
C.The western himalayas
12. Why are plants grown along river banks?
A.To prevent floods
B.To provide shade
C.To reduce silting and erosion
D.To control pollution
13. Where is the Bandipur National Park?
14. Kaziranga wildlife reserve is in-
15. Which crop requires water logging for its cultivation?
16. Monoculture is a typical characteristics of-
D.Commercial grain farming
17. Which of the following states is the largest producer of coffee in India?
18. Where do the sunrays leave India?
19. Which of the following is a commercial crop?
20. In spite of being locate at lower latitude than Amritsar, Shimla colder because-
A.in Shimla it snow heavily
B.in Shimla air pressure is higher
C.it is at a higher altitude
D.Shimla receives heavy rainfall