Set 9 Geography Quiz for SSC CGL exam
1. How many states in India are coastal?
2. International boundary between India and Pakistan is distinguished by-
3. Which soil is found in Indo gangetic Plains?
4. Which is largets river of Indian sub continent?
5. Rubber cultivation is done in which of the following areas?
C.Temporary Decidious Forest
D.None of these
6. Tidal forest is otherwise called
7. The rapid sliding of large masses of bed rocks is called-
8. Which of the following sates in India is famous for rubber cultivation?
9. The longest glacier in Uttarakhand is-
10. Which one is the most extensive part of the oceanic floor?
D.Deep Sea Plains
11. Grenada is located in-
12. Which of the following is not properly matched?
Biosphere Reserve State
13. What are called ‘Duns’ in Uttarakhand?
14. Which one of the following groups is the correct sequence of mountain peaks from east to west?
A.Everest, Kanchenjunga, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri
B.Kanchenjunga, Everest, Annapurna, Dhauagiri
C.Kanchenjunga, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Everest
D.Everest, Kanchenjunga, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna
15. Which of the following is Biosphere Reserve?
16. Which one of the following rivers is associated with Sardar Sarovar Project?
17. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer by using the code given below-
1.Tamil Nadu 2.Odisha
3.Kerala 4.Andhra Pradesh
(a) (b) (c) (d)
A.3 1 2 4
B.4 2 1 3
C.2 4 3 1
D.1 3 4 2
18. Basaltic Lava rocks over Indian Deccan Plateau are formed in the following period-
19. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the States of India in decreasing order of their area?
A.Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh
B.Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Himachal Praddesh, Chhattisgarh
C.Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand
D.Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh
20. Which river among the following does not join the Ganga River from left?