SSC CGL GEOGRAPHY QUESTIONS SET 12
1. In India, glacial terraces known as ’Karewas’ are found in –
A)Sapt Kosi Valley
2. Structurally, the Meghalaya region is a part of –
3. The Nagarjuna Sagar Project is located on which one of the following rivers?
4. Which organisation prepares the topographical maps of India?
A)Geological Survey of India
B)Archaeological Survey of India
C)Survey of India
D)National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation
5. Which one of the following is not an international boundary line?
6. The Amarkantak Hills is the source of which of the following rivers?
Select the correct answer using the code given below –
A)1 and 2 only
C)1,3 and 4 only
D)1,2 and 4 only
7. Which of the following statements in the context of northern hemisphere is/ are correct?
1.Vernal equinox occurs on March 21
2.Summer solstice occurs on December 22
3.Autumnal equinox occurs on September 23
4.Winter solstice occurs on June 21
Select the correct answer using the code given below-
B)1 and 3 only
C)2 and 4 only
D)1, 2 and 3 only
8. Spruce and Cedar are tree verities of –
B)Temperate coniferous forest
D)Temperate deciduous forest
9. ‘Sal’ tree is a –
A)Tropical evergreen tree
B)Tropical semi-evergreen tree
C)Dry deciduous tree
D)Moist deciduous tree
10. Deserts, fertile plains and moderately forested mountains are the characteristic features of which one of the following regions of India?
A)South-Western border along Arabian Sea
11. In Thar region, the shifting sand dunes area locally known as-
12. Jelep La pass is located in –
13. Which of the following pairs is/are correctly matched?
National Park Famous for
1. Ranthambhore Tiger
2. Periyar Elephant
3. Manas Lion
4. Gir Rhinoceros
Select correct answer using the code given below –
A)1, 2 and 3 only
B)1 and 2 only
C)1 and 4 only
Study more Geography questions for SSC exam here