Here are 20 GEOGRAPHY QUESTIONS FOR SSC EXAM SET 6, these objective questions are provided with answers.
1. India’s Plantation sector comprises of-
A.Tea, Coffee, Spices and Rubber
B.Coconut, tea, rubber and jute
C.Coconut, tea, Coffee and Rubber
D.Tea, coffee, rubber and jute
2. Mangrove are-
C.Neither animals nor plants
3. Which of the following pairs is mismatched?
A.National Biodiversity Authority – Chennai
B.Zoological Survey of India – Kolkata
C.Botanical Survey of India – Lucknow
D.Forest Survey of India – Dehradun
4. Which of the following is not a renewable natural resource?
5. Which one of the following is not a factor that affects wind?
6. Which one of the locations listed below should have highest annual temperature range?
C.Polar ice cap
D.Mid Latitude continental centre
7. Which term is used to describe the conversion of a solid directly to a gas, without passing throug the liquid state?
8. The vertical movement of cold water from deeper oceanic layers to replace warmer surface is called as-
9. Which one of the following types of sea floor sediments includes calcareous and siliceous oozes?
10. Vast number of herbivorus animals and carnivorous such as lions,jackals and hyenas are found in-
C.Campos of Brazil
D.Savannas of Africa
11. The chief means of transport in Tundras is-
12. The Agricultural region is-
13. The longest west flowing Peninsular river is-
14. The most important source of irrigation of Great Indian Desert (Thar) is-
D.All of these
15. The oldest and the richest coal field of India with respect to quantity of production and quality is-
16. Which one the following sequences of the Himalayan ranges from south to north is correct?
17. ‘Guru Shikhar’ is the highest point of-
18. Which of the following directly affects soil formation?
D.All of the above
19. Khadar and Bhangar are two important soils in Indian subcontinent. These are-
20. Which of the following is odd one out from the group?