Here is set 10 of Geography questions for SSC Exam. These questions are also important for various other competitive exams like CDS, other UPSC exams.
GEOGRAPHY QUESTIONS FOR SSC EXAM SET 10
1. The Coromandal Coast is located in the State of –
C) Tamil Nadu
2. Which one of the following tribes belongs to Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand?
3. Who among the following prepared a scientific classification of forests?
A) H.G. Champion
B) K.V. Sudaram
C) B.L. Sukhwal
D) L.D. Stamp
4. The eastern most place of India is located in the State of –
C) Arunachal Pradesh
5. ‘Kevti’ Waterfall is located in which of the following districts?
6. Largest bauxite producing State in India (2014) is-
D) Tamil Nadu
7. The largest ocean of the world is-
A) Arctic Ocean
B) Indian Ocean
C) Atlantic Ocean
D) Pacific Ocean
8. The largest Mica producing State in India is –
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
9. Which one of the following is the longest river in India?
10. Which one of the following country has the highest percentage of its geographical area under forests?
D) United Kingdom
11. Chandra Prabha National Park is located in-
12. Which of the following tribes belongs to Nilgiri hills?
13. The Patkai hills separate India from –
14. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists-
List – I (Industry)
d) Iron & Steel
1. Dalmia Dadari
Codes (a) (b) (c) (d)
A) 2 1 3 4
B) 2 3 1 4
C) 3 2 1 4
D) 1 2 3 4
15. Which one of the following countries is the largest producer of steel in the world?
B) West Germany
16. Black Revolution is related to –
A) Coal production
B) Black hole
C) Petroleum production
D) Leather production
17. Which is the largest fresh water lake in India?
18. Which of the following Indian rivers forms estuary?
19. Between which ranges does the Kashmir in the Himalayas lie?
A.Shivalik and Pir Panjal
B.Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar
C.Zanskar and Pir Panjal
D.Dhauladhar and Zanskar
20. Indravati is the tributary of which river?