GEOGRAPHY PRACTICE QUIZ 2 FOR SSC AND CGL EXAMS
1. The main region of Sunderbans is
D.None of these
2. The Annapurna Peak is situated in
3. Which of the following is the Kharif crop in our country?
4. The delta-forming rivers in India are
5. India receives the major part of its rain from
6.Kandla Port is situated in
A.Bay of Bengal
B.Rann of Kutch
C.Gulf of Kutch
7. Which of the following states in India is the largest in area?
8. Number of countries which have a common border with India is
9. In which state are the Aravalli ranges located?
10. Narmada and the Tapti rivers enter the
B.Bay of Bengal
C.Gulf of Cambay
11. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched?
A.Plimsoil Line-India and Afghanistan
B.Durand Line-India and Myanmar
C.MacMohan Line-India and Nepal
D.Radcliffe line-India and Pakistan
12. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
A.Flood prone area-North Bihar plain
B.Drought prone area-Kalahandi District of Orissa
C.Seismic Zone-Himalayan Region
D.Landslides Zone-Chotanagpur Plateau
13. Which of the following pairs of states and tribes is not correctly matched?
14. The first Marine sanctuary in India,having within its bounds coral reefs ,mollusca,dolphins,tortoises and various kinds of sea birds, has been established in
C.Gulf of kutch
15. I.S.T. is 5 1/2 hours ahead of GMT,Iranian standard Time is two hours behind IST.Which longitude determines Iranian Standard time when IST is determined by 82 1/2 degree E?
A.52 1/2 degree E
B.4 1/2 degree E
C.102 1/2 degree E
D.112 1/2 degree E
16. The tropic of Cancer passes through the middle part of India.As a result
A.Southern half of the country has a tropical climate
B.nothern half of the country has a temperate climate
C.southern half of the country has temperate climate
D.nothern half of the country has a tropical climate
17. The longest highway in India runs from
A.Kolkata to Jammu
B.Jammu to Kanyakumari
C.Ambala to Nagarcoli
D.Varanasi to Kanyakumari
18. The state of India with the largest percentage of land area under forest cover is
19. The Tropic of cancer does not pass through
20. The famous Lagoon lake of India is