Here is Set 21 containing 20 General science questions with answers for SSC CGL, UPSC, CDS.SSC CHSL and other competitive exams.
General Science Questions Set 21
1. Which one of the following denotes water salinity gradient ?
2. Normal temperature of human body is 98.4°F. Its equivalent temperature in °C is –
3. When doctor tells a person that he/she has been affected with tetraplegia, it means that he/she is suffering from paralysis of –
A)Right hand only
B)Left hand only
C)His both legs only
D)Both hands and both legs
4. Which of the following is a semiconductor?
5. Grains of Basmati rice get elongated on being cooked because of higher content of—
6. The disease caused due to deficiency of iron is known as-
7. What amongst the following is responsible for formation of stone in human kidney?
8. If a human disease breaks out across a large region of the world, what is it called?
9. Which one of the following is a water borne disease?
10. How many calories are gained by drinking a glass of water?
11. Which of the following is used in Genetic-Engineering?
12. Blue colour of the sky is due to –
A)Scattering of light
B)Dispersion of light
C)Interference of light
D)Emission of more blue light as compared to other colours by the sun
13. Bauxite is the ore of—
14. Bronze is an alloy of–
A)Copper and Tin
B)Copper and Sliver
C)Copper and Zinc
D)Copper and lead
15. The blood pressure of an individual is 140 mm Hg. In this statement ‘Hg” refers to—
16. In which part of the cinchona plant quinine occurs naturally?
17. Which of the following is correct regarding light year?
A)1 Light year = 9.46 X 1015 metre
B)1 Light year = 9.45 X 1015 metre
C)1 Light year = 9.44 X 1015 metre
D)1 Light year = 9.43 = 1015 metre
18. Which of the following sound waves cannot be heard by human ear?
D)All the above three cannot be heard by human ear
19. What is the percentage of Hydro-carbon in Natural Gas?
20. What is the percentage of Carbon Monoxide in Water Gas?
More General Science Questions for SSC CGL here