This post contains GENERAL SCIENCE QUESTIONS FOR SSC CGL and UPSC exams. Check more sets on Science questions from the link given below.
GENERAL SCIENCE QUESTIONS FOR SSC CGL Set 14
1. What amongst the following is responsible for formation of stone in human kidney?
2. If a human disease breaks out across a large region of the world, what is it called?
3. Which one of the following concerns soil?
4. ’Cloves’ are –
A.nodules of soil
B.nodules of roots
5. How calories are gained by drinking a glass of water?
6. Which of the following is used in Genetic-Engineering?
7. Blue colour of the sky is due to
A.Scattering of light
B.Dispersion of light
C.Interference of light
D. Emission of more blue light as compared to other colours by the sun
8. which of the following is a stem?
9. Bauxite is an ore of –
10. Bronze is an alloy of
A.Copper and TIn
B.Copper and Silver
C.Copper and Zinc
D.Copper and Lead
11. Theblood pressure of an Individual is 140 mm Hg. In this statement ‘Hg’ refers to
12. In which part of the cinchona plant quinine occurs naturally?
13. High spring tides occur at New Moon and Full moon because the-
A.Moon and Earth are at right angles
B.Sun and Moon are at right angles
C.Sun, Earth and the Moon are in the straight line
D.Sun and Earth are at right angles
14. Which is the better conductor of electricity among the following?
A.Filtered hot water
C.Filtered water at room temperature
15. When a steel rod is heated, it becomes –
A.A little longer
16. The gas usually filled in electric bulb is –
17. Retina in the eyes acts as-
A.Lens in the camera
B.Shutter in the camera
C.Film in the camera
D.None of these
18. Which element behaves as metal and Non metal?
19. the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere remains relatively constant because it is given off by –
20. Hertz is used for measuring –
A.Intensity of waves
B.Frequency of waves
D.Clarity of waves