General Science questions for SSC CGL for the upcoming SSC CGL exam. The General Science questions are also important for any UPSC, Railway and various other exams.
GENERAL SCIENCE QUESTIONS FOR SSC CGL SET 15
1. A person with vision defect ‘Myopia’ can see
A.nearby objects clearly
B.distant objects clearly
C.nearby as well as distant objects clearly
D.neither nearby nor distant objects clearly
2. The mirror used by the dentists to see the teeth of the patients –
D.None of these
3. Which of the following is a plant hormone?
4. The ‘xylem’ in plants is reponsible mainly for-
A.Transportation of food
B.Transportation of amino acid
C.Transportation of water
D.Transportation of oxygen
5. Which of the following is a correct statement?
A.Energy flow in the biospheric ecosystem is unidirectional
B.Energy flow in the biospheric ecosystem is cyclic
C.Relative loss of energy in natural ecosystem decreases with increasing trophic levels
D.Species at progressively higher tropic levels appear to be less efficient in using available energy
6. The temperature of the human body
A.decreases in winters
B.increases in summers
C.neither decreases in winters nor increases in summers
D.increases in winters
7. The most important factor contributing to the loss of vulture population in India
C.Administering of pain killers to cattle
D.Administering of estrogen injection to cattle
8. The main pollutant in the smoke coming from cigarette is
A.Carbon monoxide and Dioxin
B.Carbon monoxide and Nicotine
C.Carbon Monoxide and Benzene
D.Dioxin and Benzene
9. ‘Pyrheliometer’ is used for measuring –
D.Temperature of plants
10. The problem of water pollution with arsenic is maximum in
11. Which of the following is not correct about ecosystem?
A.it comprises both, abiotic and biotic components
B.It has its own productivity
C.It is a closed system
D.It is a natural resource system
12. Which of the following denote water salinity gradient?
13. Which of the following species is the largest of the ‘toothed whales’?
14. Which one of the following provides the cyrogenic indicator of climate change?
C.Tree ring growth
15. Which of the following is not related to the astronomical theories of climate change?
A.Ecentricity of earth’s orbit
B.Obliquity of Earth’s rotational axis
C.Precession of equinoxes
16. Normal temperature of human body is 98.4 degree F. Its equivalent temperature in degreC is
17. When doctor tells a person that he/she has been affected with tetraplagia, it means that he/she is suffering from paralysis of –
A.right hand only
B.left hand only
C.his both legs
D.both hand and legs
18. Which of the following is semiconductor?
19. Grains of Basmati rice get elongated on being cooked because of higher content of –
20. The disease caused due to deficiency of iron is known as