General Awareness Questions for SSC exam for SSC CGL aspirants with answers.
Set 18 General Awareness quiz for SSC CGL
1. The Union Minister launched Mental Health Policy on-
A.20th October, 2014
B.10th October, 2014
C.5th October, 2014
D.11th July, 2014
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana on-
A.11th October, 2014
B.10th November, 2014
C.26th August, 2014
D.15th August, 2014
3. In which area was the Indo-US military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 2014’ held?
A.Solan (Himachal Pradesh)
D.Poonch (Jammu and Kashmir)
4. President Pranab Mukherjee on 7th October 2014 presented the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management for the year 2014 to-
B.Dr. A.S Pillai
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the &th Central Pay Commission constituted by the Government of India in February 2014?
A.Justice B.K Singh
B.Justice Swatater Kumar
C.Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur
D.Justice Mridula Singh
6. Justice J.S Verma Committee’s Report, 2013 deals with-
A.Centre State relations
B.Change in law pertaining to offences against women
C.The Fundamental rights
D.Rights of children
7. What is the unique festival of Bihar?
8. Who among the following has been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2014?
9. Which of the following European Union countries is the first to officially recognize the State of Palestine?
10. Which one of the following countries has decided in Januray 2014 to make military service compulsory for all its adult males?
11. What is theme of Global Financial Development Report, 2014?
A.Hunger and poverty
B.Corruption and fraud in corporate sector
D.Global recession and the Third World
12. The seventh Brics Summit is proposed to be held in 2015 at-
A.Durban, South Africa
C.New Delhi, India
13. The International Day of Personswith Diabilities is celebrated on-
14. Amnesty International is an organization whichis associated with-
A.Protection of Women’s rights
B.Protection of human rights
C.Abolition of untouchability
D.None of the above
15. In October 2014 India has been reelected for three years as a member to-
A.The UN Security Council
B.The UN General Assembly
C.The UN Economic and Social Council(ECOSOC)
D.The World Bank
16. Angola, Malaysia, New Zealand, Spain and Venezuela were elected as non-permanent members on 16th October, 2014 to serve in-
A.The UN General Assembly
B.The UN Trusteeship Council
C.The UN Human Rights Commission
D.The UN Security Council
17. Which one among the following countries wont he highest number of Gold Medals at the Winter Olympic Games held in Sochi in February 2014?
18. Who among the following cricket all rounders cracked the fastest century in one-day international cricket history in January 2014?
19. Who was the winner of the Champions League T-20, 2014?
A.Kolkata Knight Riders (India)
B.Rajasthan Riders (India)
C.Sydney Sixers (Australia)
D.Chennai Super Kings (India)
20. What was India’s position in the 17th Asian Games in 2014?