Here is General Awareness Quiz Set 17 for SSC CGL examination with answers.
General Awareness Quiz For SSC CGL Exam Set 17
1. Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) is situated at-
2. Who among the following won the Presidential election of Syria for the third time in 2014?
A.Abdel Fattah el sisi
C.Nuri Abu Sahmein
3. The new government at the centre has recently ratified the Marrakesh Treaty. This treaty aims at-
A.Developing Marine living resources
B.Regulating air transport
C.Promotion of access to published works by visually impaired persons and persons with print disablities
D.Promoting studies in cell biology
4. Who among the following has been the first African U.N. Secretary General?
A.Ban ki Moon
B.Javier Perez De Cuellar
5. Which one of the following surface to air missiles was successfully testfired in May 2014 from Chandipur (Odisha)?
6. What is the name of the new museum that was inaugurated in the Rashtrapati Bhawan on July 25,2014?
A.Glimpses of History
7. Which of the following state / states will be benefitted by the proposed ‘Kishau Dam’ Project?
B.Uttrakhand and Himachal Pradesh
8. Who has been appointed the new National security Advisor of India?
D.Ajit Kumar Doval
9. Who is India’s women parliamentarian to win election for the eight consecutive times from the same Lok Sabha Constituency?
10. Who is the author of the book “out of Print : Newspapers, Journalism and the Business of News in the Digital Age”?
A.Professor George Brock
11. Who has been appointed as the ‘Horticulture Ambassador of Maharashtra’?
12. Which of the following won the first medal for India at the 17th Asian games organised in south Korea?
13. Which of the following is presently the Chairperson of Rashtriya Mahila ayog?
14. Who was known as ‘Nakati Rani’ in the history of Garhwal?
15. Which of the following Ashrams related to Mahatma Gandhi, is the oldest?
16. Who was the author of ‘Neel Darpan’?
A.Ishwar Chandra Vidhyasagar
B.Bankim Chandra Chatterji
17. Which one of the following is not a member of ‘BRICS’?
18. When did the Protection of Human Rights Act come into force in India?
19. Who was the first Indian to join as a member of UN Human Rights commission, constituted in 1946?
A.Smt. Sarojini Naidu
B.Smt. Hasna Mehta
C.Smt. Vijaya Laxmi Pandit
D.None of the above
20. When was South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) established?