General Awareness Questions for SSC CGL, UPSC,CDS, SSC CHSL and other upcoming exams.
Set 20 General Awareness Questions for SSC CGL
1. Who among the following has authored the recent book: ‘Gods of Corruption’ highlighting involvement of high-ups?
A) Ajit Seth
B) Promila Shankar
C) T.S.R. Subrahmanyam
D) Shashank Shekhar
2. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s 125th birth anniversary will be held in the year –
3. What is the name of Parliament of Afghanistan?
C) National Assembly
D) Jatiya Sansad
4. In which year, Taj Mahal was included in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites?
5. From year 1954 till 2014, how many eminent persons have been given the highest civilian award “Bharat Ratna”?
6. The Headquarters of ‘INTER POLE’ (International Police) is situated at-
A) London (England)
B) Vienna (Austria)
C) Lyons (France)
D) Geneva (Switzerland)
7. On which topic former President of India late A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was giving was giving lecture when he suffered a severe heart attack and died later?
A) Life on Earth
B) Livable Planet
C) Search for possibility of life on moon
D) Multiple dimensions of innovations
8. At which place first phase of metro train was inaugurated by a lady Chief Minister and the driver of the first metro train was also a lady?
9. Sale have been restricted on Maggi noodles of Nestle Company in India. Where is the head office of Group Company located?
10. In India, on which day, first ‘ National Handloom Day’ was celebrated ?
A) August 9, 2015
B) August 7, 2015
C) August 9, 2014
D) August 7, 2014
11. By which year, the Union Cabinet on June 17, 2015 has proposed to provide “Housing for All”?
12. The Govt. of India has approved setting up of how many ITBP outposts along the China Border in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim?
13. Viticulture is known for the production of –
14. In which State India’s first railway line is being built under public private partnership model?
A) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
15. The Head Office of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is located at-
A) New Delhi
16. What is the name of the mobile app which facilitates easy learning of Computer and Internet?
17. Ultra Mega Power Plants in India are –
A) Coal based
B) Hydro based
D) Gas based
18. ‘NITI-Aayog’ has been constituted under which Article of the Constitution of India?
A) Article – 280
B) Article – 282
C) Article – 286
D) None of the above
19. The Judges of the International Court of Justice are elected by the –
A) U.N. Security Assembly only
B) U.N. Security Council only
C) U.N. General Assembly and U.N. Security Council both
D) Economic and Social Council
20. The National Capital Region Planning Board was set up in India in the year –