Here is another set of General awareness questions for SSC CGL exam with answers. These General Awareness questions can be asked in other competitive exams too.
1. The committee on financial Sector Reforms 2008, in India was headed by-
B.Raghu Ram Rajan
2. As per Census 2011, the sex ratio (number of females per 1000 males) in India is-
3. The Planned development model of India was adopted in India from-
B.August 15, 1947
C.Janaury 26, 1950
D.May 1, 16965
4. Which of the following is the chairman of the National Development council?
A.Prime Minister of India
B.Finance Minister of India
C.President of India
D.Vice-President of India
5. NREGA was renamed ‘MNREGA’ on-
A.October 2, 2007
B.February 2, 2008
C.October 2, 2009
D.October 2, 2010
6. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority was set up in India on-
7. Who is the author of the book ‘The Accumulation of Capital’?
A.Mrs. Joan Robinson
C.Lord Maynard Keynes
D.None of the above
8. Kedar Valley disaster of June, 2013, was cause by heavy rains in the catchment area of a river, which was-
9. Leakage of which of the following gases had caused the Bhopal Gas Tragedy?
10. Minamata disease is caused due to-
11. India’s first dedicated navigation satellite IRNSS – 1A was launched from-
12. Who won the Gold Medal in the 20th (Glasgow) Commonwealth Games in 2014 in Wrestling in 74kg weight category?
13. Who among the following scientists has been conferred upon ‘Bharat Ratna’ for the year 203?
14. Great Himalayan National Park which has been accorded the UNESCO World Heritage site status, is located at-
15. Where is the Headquarters of North-central railway zone situated?
16. In the Union Budget, 2014 the Integrated Ganga Conservation Mission has been called as-
C.The Great Ganga
17. According to the National Youth Policy 2014, the youths of which one of the following age groups will be benefitted?
18. International Day on Non violence is observed on-
19. The “Rashtriya Gokul Mission” announced by the Union Government aims at-
A.Protecting the indigenous breed of cows
B.Developing high milk yielding cow breeds
C.curbing slaughtering of cattles
D.Eliminating Foot and Mouth disease in catles
20. POSCO act is related to-